Toshiba HD-EP35

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a tough one, that - with a rumoured PS3 price-cut on its way that could take it down to @£200 (which you can already buy a decent Samsung Blu-ray player for), £120 seems a tad pricey unless you just want a decent upscaling DVD player.

A

Anonymous

£120 and comes with 300 and Bourne Supremacy on HDDVD, still too pricey Clare? I dont mind waiting for it to come down more but im sure stocks must be getting quite low now?? 300 and Bourne HDDVD discs must be worth atleast £5 each? It just seems a lil bit inticing cos iv got hundreds of dvds that need upscaling too...

A

Anonymous

Just bought one for 110/- and very happy with it.Can not get any of the what HiFi issue for the last three months so can not keep up with whats going on here. I will buy a blu-ray and retire the Tosh to the bedroom or what ever. Clare which Samsung model do you refer?

A

Anonymous

But theres another thing on my mind, if the Toshiba becomes faulty beyond repair what will happen to the hddvd collection we may be thinking of building??

A

Anonymous

ive read in another nameless mag that denon have announced a dual format player for late this year! You could get one of these?

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Claire - do you have any firm information on this possible price cut for the PS3? I have £200 to spend on a dvd player/Hard Disc recorder but could be tempted to wait if the PS3 hits that magic £200 mark...

A

Anonymous

With the recent Xbox 360 price cut , Sony will probably attempt something competitive for easter with the PS3. Whether that's adding Blu-ray discs to the £299 bundle or cutting the price to £249 remains to be seen...

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
No - I would be quite (pleasantly) suprised to see it down as low as £200, but a cut to £250 would make it a very interesting proposition! Given Microsoft's recent price change I would expect the Sony to come back with something?? Is the PS3's upscaling as good as the Toshiba's??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts