Toshiba HD-EP30 HD DVD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is the Toshiba HD-EP30 HD DVD Player any good?? Its online for £200 and wondering if its worth buying? Im also lookin to buy a Pioneer Kuro, will this look good on it or is there a player out there that wlll look better regardless of price?? Or am i better off buying blu-ray??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've tested the Toshiba HD-EP30 for our next issue (out January 10th). Without revealing the full review, it seems decent for the money - if not as complete as its bigger brother, the HD-EP35.

It'll be fine with the Kuro - though if you've got that much budget for a TV, then bigger brother would be better, maybe in conjunction with a PS3 as well for the all-round HD experience!

A

Anonymous

Hi,Clare
Are the dvd picture on the Tosh EP-35 really as good as those from the Denon 1940?
And will you do a group test soon?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Odd you should mention that... we've got a big test feature planned for our March issue (out 7th Feb) on getting the very best DVD performance - pitting HD players vs upscaling regular players; using scalers in sets vs those in the players etc etc.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again Clare.
Can you please have the following products on test.
Toshiba ep-35 vs Denon 1940,
Toshiba hdx1 vs Denon 2930.
I'm not going to mention the Maranzt 7001 because i already know the answer.
If the Toshiba hdx1 doesn't win,can you at least mention if it's as good as the Denon 2390.
Thanks again and wish you and the rest of your team a very Happy Christmas.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Odd you should mention that... we've got a big test feature planned for our March issue (out 7th Feb) on getting the very best DVD performance - pitting HD players vs upscaling regular players; using scalers in sets vs those in the players etc etc.

[/quote]

Thats great! Il look forward to that! Im curious to see how the players compare simply as mpeg2 decoders and not upscalers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts