Toshiba Blu-ray player - pre-orders open!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Looks like Toshiba's first Blu-ray player may just make it into shops for Christmas, as covered off in our news story earlier this year.

The Toshiba BDX2000 Blu-ray player
ir
is now avaiable for pre-order from Amazon for £208, with Comet due the next batch of stock, Tosh says...

We're expecting our review sample soon, so will endeavour to get the test completed before Christmas, too!

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare, judging by the £208 price tag, would you hazard a guess and say this is an entry level model, along say the likes of the Sony BDP-S360?

I was thinking of upgrading to the Sony BDP-S760, any insider knowledge if Toshiba is going to introduce a high end model, or are they just testing the water after the failure of HD DVD?

cheers.....

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hard to tell at this stage as we haven't seen or heard it, but I suspect the price might drop quickly to sub-£200, so it appears to be a more budget model. Don't know if Tosh has any plans for a more upmarket player yet.

A

Anonymous

I know this is off-topic, but I was wondering if there was a planned review for the philips bdp9500?

It has finally become avaliable to buy from the Philips website over here in Denmark..but not yet on the UK site...weird.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
you could sell your ep35 ive been checking them out on an auction web site and there still in demand and if the bluray version is about 200 you could make nearly half that

then again its only £130 for the 360

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I have often thought about seeling my HDDVD player but I have several titles not yet released on Bluray and I'm more than happy with the performance of my PS3. If any player can load discs quicker, I might consider them.... .... and after some more research on this player, it doesn't even sound like it's a Toshiba under the hood. It lacks XDE upscaling and doesn't seem to offer anything that you can't get elsewhere, so the only thing that is "Toshiba" about it, is the badge. We shall see I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts