Toshiba and hddvd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Was just wondering,if Toshiba do pull the plug on hddvd,any idea if those of us who own the players such as myself will be able to get them repaired if and when they break down or is the whole technology going to be extinct?Hope Toshiba have thought of this.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
A company the size and reputation of Toshiba would be bound to support products for a reasonable period, but I wouldn't know the specifics.

We're supposed to be spending the day with Tosh tomorrow to get all the lowdown on their product plans for 2008, so will obviously ask this and many other questions then - mind you, if the HD DVD exit-announcement does get made, they might (as at CES) not be very talkative....

A

Anonymous

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/2008_02/pr1903.htm

There you go

A

Anonymous

super fast info we need well done what hi fi my only concern is will sony knowing they have won this war slow down on bd spec and just give us the bear essentials or will this give them a boost to upgrade there players and bring out new material the hd audio upgrade on the ps3 springs to mind its been a while now. will they have there sights set on nugging out dvd.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Why does everyone keep making this about Sony? The PS3 aside, its BD players haven't impressed us too much - in the meantime, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, LG and more are polishing ever-better players (at great prices) and premium products from Pioneer, Denon, Marantz etc are leading the way.

I've seen some great demos of forthcoming, full-spec Blu-ray kit that's looked rather tasty - OK, they should have got it right before now, but that's how a futile, consumer-harming format war goes....

Just glad the fighting's over so prices fall and choice increases (players and movies).

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm now looking out for the HD DVD movie prices to fall to make use of my £250 EP35!!

Any news about Paramount / Dreamworks??

I'm now on the lookout for a decent BluRay player, until a top notch one comes out I'll be happy with my PS3.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We're trying to get hold of everyone relevant so we can get the latest info up here. Oddly enough, almost the entire industry is "in meetings" this morning!

We do have an interview booked later this morning with Toshiba, and will be asking questions about their ongoing support for HD DVD players, plus of course if/when they'll be making a move to Blu-ray.... Watch this space for a story by lunchtime!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The president of Toshiba apparently said in a Q&A session this afternoon in Japan that the company has no plans to produce Blu-ray Disc hardware.

As Mandy Rice-Davis famously said...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts