Topfield not working with Dacmagic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would appreciate some advice. I bought a Dacmagic today and it works fine with computer/usb connection but connected to Topfield PVR via optical there is no signal at all. Checked all connections and they're fine. Any advice appreciated.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
FolsomBlues:Would appreciate some advice. I bought a Dacmagic today and it works fine with computer/usb connection but connected to Topfield PVR via optical there is no signal at all. Checked all connections and they're fine. Any advice appreciated.

Sounds obvious but you have changed the input on the front of the box from usb to input 1 or 2?

A

Anonymous

Do not know this gear, but I suspect the Topfield is sending a type of digital signal that is not supported by the DacMagic (5.1/7.1/dolby?). Try to find the output options in the Topfield menu system and see if you can select simple stereo to start with for its digital output. Does the dacmagic have a led that indicates it has locked onto the received signal?

John Duncan

Pete10:Do not know this gear, but I suspect the Topfield is sending a type of digital signal that is not supported by the DacMagic (5.1/7.1/dolby?). Try to find the output options in the Topfield menu system and see if you can select simple stereo to start with for its digital output. Does the dacmagic have a led that indicates it has locked onto the received signal?

That's where I was going, but your bog-standard Topfield appears to have only stereo or mono, hence my disconcertion(?).

And yeah, the Dm has a light saying it has a signal and what bitrate it is.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. There is no signal indicating the dacmagic is recieving a signal. The only audio options are stereo or mono. I'm peeved about this, it was one of the main reasons I bought the Dacmagic (I know, should have researched it more, my own fault).

John Duncan, its a tf5800 model.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
There is a known minor bug whereby if you start up on a 'silent' channel (because it is off-air at the time like BBC 4 before 7PM for instance) then skip to an on-air channel it will remain silent until you press V+

A

Anonymous

Anyone else with experience of the Topfield know if I can do anything?

A

Anonymous

Thanks. Tried yesterday and today - no answer. Will call on Monday

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts