Top quality Headphones for Apple classic 160

anderc02

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Hello ,
I am looking for a sub £100 pair of Headphones for my Apple classic . At present i am using a failing pair of Sennheiser PX100's . I have tried my Sennheiser HD 590 's , they are not compatible directly into the Ipod (too quiet). I have tried a pair of Sennheiser CX300's but found the 'in ear' design uncomfortable . Finally i tried on the Grado igrado and do not like the neck band style !! Hence the question . So any good over ear phones that work directly into an ipod ?

A

Anonymous

iPods can power the lower end Grado range, I think the new SR60i cans are £100. I'd recommend those.

A

Anonymous

I have a number of headphones that I use with my ipod touch including the Grado SR60s, PX100s and some Shure SE530s. The other evening I went through all my headphones to see which I liked best (it was a 'slow' night!). The SE530s and SR60s sounded the best, although of course different and about £170 difference in price! So can say the SR60s are probably your best bet for over the ear phones at under £100. You will need to rack the volume up on your ipod to get the same volume out of the SR60s though - just because they take more to drive them than in-ear phones will (the ipod is of course designed to drive in-ear phones in the main). I find about 3/4s volume on the ipod is good enough. Alternatively you can get a portable headphone amp - some guy in the states does one on ebay in a mint tin for about £30ish!

bemahler1

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
Would agree with what has been said. I have a classic 80gb and a 16bg itouch and also Grado 60s and a pair of Alessandro MS1. I use both with a Cmoy amp, bought from ebay and the sound is excellent but remember that both of the above headphones leak an enormous amount of sound but if you intend them for private listening, then you can't do better than what has been recommened.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts