Suitable Headphones for Kann MP3 player

norm27

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
Hello. Would anyone be in a position to recommend to me any over the ear headphones in the £300 to £500 price range I could use directly plugged into my Astell and Kern Kann mp3 player without the use of a seperate amplifier? I know that the player has a decent amplifier but am unsure which headphones it would successfully drive. If you could help it would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Gray

I reckon your options will be down to open or closed, sound signature and comfort Norm.
Your A & K is likely to drive anything at least as well, if not better, than many separate amps (I would hope so considering its price).

My only advice would be to try for yourself (ideally with a free return option) as differences in sound and comfort are massive (and subjective).

As always, more expensive does not necessarily mean better.
I've tried models in your proposed price range. None were terrible - but I ended up with a £170 pair (fed by separate, decent DAC and amp)....which to me sounded better.

johnny 99

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've since managed to try out some AKG and Beyer Dynamic headphones from friends and like the AKG, which had no problems being driven by the Kann, so have ordered a pair at a good price. I got fed up with my Shure 535 earphones because they kept slipping out of my ear no matter what earbuds I used and having cracked one after falling asleep on it I decided to go for over the ear ones instead. Thanks again.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts