Took some pics of system - rearranged

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Morning all.

Just a quick note, mods can you delete the other topic I messed up the pic links and cant edit the post. Thanks

Had a re-arrange yesterday which only really involved swapping the CD player and the record player positions to get around some cabling issues. I may end up changing it back as yet as somewhat startilingly the CD player sounds completely different in this position... the bass seems to be being sucked out, which I suspect is due to the position of the support on my home made rack now being more underneath the player transferring more vibration maybe? Im not sure but after listening to a few of my discs that I know to have a very deep promnent bass line or note I know it sounds different.

any good suggestions for isolating the cd player a bit more as I hope this would return the sound I'm used to...

anyways onto the pics... let me know what you think.

clicky - CD player and amp

clicky - system

clicky - DAC, Phono stage, Headphone Amp and Headphones

clicky - record deck

clicky - Ovators

clicky -Naim Parking only

clicky - record deck again

clicky - in the groove

A

Anonymous

How do you get on with the Ovators. I auditioned a pair and I didn't like them at all. So far I've heard some very negative comments about them. I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love them, especially with anything remotely acoustic, they do guitar like no other speaker i have ever heard.

I auditioned Linn Majik 140's, Rega RS7, B&W PM1, B&W 805 Diamonds... nothing sang like the Ovators with my equipment.

each to their own I suppose, although WHF seem to agree

A

Anonymous

Congratulations :dance:

It's just me or you dig Naim? ;)

:cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts