Too much emphasis on hardware?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:What can I say. The Lord saw fit to bless me with exceptional musical taste.

:)

emotion-21.gif

I hope we will meet up one day, Chris... talking music over finest pints of 1664 or even a bottle of Chablis with SYL blasting out in the background
emotion-21.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
chebby:
JoelSim:Music is not relevant to a hifi mag ....

So much makes sense now.

How bizzarre. I sometimes wonder whether people on this forum are more interested in the hardware they own and how it looks/feels in their expensive racks rather than the music which makes it sing.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I`ve only quickly scanned the posts/replies to this topic, so if the publication that I`m about to recommend has already been recommended then please forgive me for rerecommending the original recommendation. I bought a copy of 1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die by Tom Moon, a while back. It`s a great starting place for anyone looking to expand their musical library or broaden their musical tastes. I`ve spent hours on sites like We7.com and, more recently, Spotify, finding and listening to the recomendations in the book, and as a result, I`ve bought stacks of new CDs lately. How on earth did we discover new music before the advent of the internet? I guess we just relied on the radio, word of mouth and live music, and a lot more leg work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts