To full HD or not full HD?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm about to buy a flatscreen TV - either 37 or 42 inch, haven't quite made up my mind which yet! - and with the newer full HD 1080p models now coming on the market, I'm in something of a quandry.

Having read some of the other topics on the forum, the general opinion seems to be that those screen sizes are too small for you to really appreciate having the higher resolution of 1080p as there isn't enough room for the extra pixels. Am I right in thinking this or would I be able to see a difference with a 1080p screen at those sizes?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

check out this months mag and read the write up on the pioneer 42 inch its says it all, group test winner.

A

Anonymous

You will find yourself with more options in the 40 to 42 inch sector.

At this screen size just pick the tv that you think gives you the best picture. Only the very large screens and, in paticular, projectors seem to benefit from full HD.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="geoffsb"]Having read some of the other topics on the forum, the general opinion seems to be that those screen sizes are too small for you to really appreciate having the higher resolution of 1080p as there isn't enough room for the extra pixels. Am I right in thinking this or would I be able to see a difference with a 1080p screen at those sizes?
[/quote]

Yes on a good 1080p set you will notice a differnce between that and a 768 panel but at 42"" it is not as big a differnce as it is on say a projector. A great 768 panel will knock the socks off a average 1080p panel at this size, with Plasma sets from the like of Pioneer leading the way.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

From what I've read, you only really notice the 1080 on a 42" at about 5 feet, any further away than that and a 1080 and a 720p look roughly similar...

What I'm worried about is watching SD source, as on a 1080 screen, it has to upscale by quite a high%, but on a 720 tele, it wouldn't be that much of a %, hopefully making the SD look a bit better on a HD ready acreen than a Full HD screen...

Can anybody confirm that ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts