To DAC or not to DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having recently recieved my SCLX83 and RX6 AV12 i have rekindled my love for quality music :) . I never really lost it, i just got so acustom to low quality audio :cry: , but after listening to music off my laptop through my amp and into my RX6's i have now started downloading lossless music just to listen to them more . Even if i don't partuculaly like the music! I know this is far from an ideal solution, using an home cinema amp like this, but this is why i bought the SClx83, because it is quite musical. What would everyone recomend i do now? i am currently using an HDMI from my laptop to my amp, but this bypasses the sub? yet if i use my low quality interconnect to headphone jack i get the sub working but lower quality audio. I know i can connect my ipod straight to the amp but in an ideal world i would like to have my laptop being the source of music. What would you suggest i do for me to get music from my laptop to my SCLX83 and into my Monitor Audio RX6 AV12's, but only utalising the RX6's and the RXW-12.

Any and all suggestions are welcome

Regards

Justin

A

Anonymous

Because i would like to get the best sound quality possible. I know that a lot of people would say that streaming gives you good sound quality but i fear there will be too much external interfearence with streaming. Thank you for replying though.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
<i fear there will be too much external interfearence with streaming<

It won't cost you anything to try it. Twonky has a 30 day trial period.

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
+1 for wireless streaming - it works really well.

Alternative - buy a Musical Fidelity V-Link and connect your laptop to one of the optical inputs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts