Tivoli Audio Model CD

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I saw that WHF gave a 5 star for the Model One radio. I am using a Model Two for my bedroom and was thinking to purchase the Model CD player. Currently I hook up my iPod dock and also an old Sony DVD player to play CD. Anyone of you have any experience with the Model CD player hooked up to the Model Two?

I love the sound of Tivoli especially for the radio and it looks nice in the bedroom, but for iPod and CD player (DVD player in my case) hooked up through the Aux input, I have to control two volumes. I have to balance between the iPod volume and the Model Two volume.

So, will I have the same problem with the Model CD player? What kind of sound comes out from the unit?

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Just bought the Model CD from the KL International AV show at 40% discount :) Hooked it up to the Model Two radio and slotted in Diana Krall CD. First impression, quite flat. Maybe because it was at 1230 a.m so it was on low volume. Had a listen for 30 mins and decided to let it run on repeat all night long. Went to bed with a soft soothing sound from the unit.

Woke up this morning, and increased the volume via the credit card sized RC and to my surprised, it sounded bold and full. Diana vocals were upfront, the sound of the snare from 'S Wonderful was vibrant and the double bass was warm.

Slipped in Maroon 5, and it just gets better. The stereo imaging (I have each speaker on each side of the bedside table) was balanced enough to make me feel like the room was filled with music.

It can do better with a little bit more bass. Planning to purchase the Model Sub today, also at 40% discount to complete the set up.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I must really love this Tivoli Audio as I am rambling on about it. Bought the Model Subwoofer yesterday at the discounted price. Connected it to the Model Two radio and voila, the sound improved instantly. Had a go with different type of music to find a subtle bass setting. Once achieved, the overall sound from the Model CD is very impressive. Its not all gung ho for really high volumes but it does give a big impression of the sound. Its full and bold. I really recommend for those looking for a bedroom set.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts