Titan Audio

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I just borrowed a nothing special titan star wired mains block costing £100 from a dealer and 3 power cables (£150 each). Plugged them and it makes an appreciable difference in slam and slightly more clarity. I’ve got one cable into the block, and the other two into my two cyrus power amps. I’ve done this before on a lesser system I had and I was thinking any improvement was bias, but definitely not now. Interesting.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Just revelling in how good it sounds. CURRENT. the raincoat will protect me from condemnation...lol

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I tried these type of cables and power block with my previous speakers and was underwhelmed. current speakers much better, probably why I’m hearing a benefit, but loads of defined responsive bass, kick, slightly more detail. Amps are just able to work better. Really enthusiastically loving the sound.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

The only problem they are very thick. Almost like hosepipe.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Oh i don’t care about that... I have to say I was a pessimist on power cables but I’m listening to some well known stuff and it’s given a new lease of life. Terrific. Using a Styx block with these Helios cables (and 3 of them) it’s making the sound more real.

I did a test with a music light works block on my previous lesser speakers and it made damn all difference. I gave it back. If anything is seems I’m getting too much bass response now. But having borrowed a isol 8 power conditioner double the price of this block and power cables, this is much more value. The sound isn’t choked at all. As if the current is flowing and subsequent effects on sound quality.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

For what it does I’m more than happy to pay this, especially if I can get a deal on buying three cables and cost of each comes down, but I suspect benefits of more expensive ones are just incremental, as with interconnects and other speaker cables I’ve found. You reach a limit where trying to eek out smaller diminishing returns isn’t worth it.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
I just borrowed a nothing special titan star wired mains block costing £100 from a dealer and 3 power cables (£150 each). Plugged them and it makes an appreciable difference in slam and slightly more clarity.

It makes no difference at all.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

ifor said:
... bring myself to buy anything from a company that thinks the correct spelling of “our” is ARE.

The guys at Titan are from Ireland so say the following quickly in a Irish accent;

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

a big lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts