Tiny speakers needed...

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Looking for some speakers for the kitchen (where I spend a lot of my time). They not only need to sound great but they also need to be as small as possible.

I notice Richer Sounds are selling the Acoustic Energy Comapact One for £80 but What Hi-Fi didn't go much on them. The obvious choice I suppose are the Q-Acoustics 2010s but wondered if anyone had any other ideas. The budget is £250 and the speakers will end up on wall brackets.

Supreme said:
I notice Richer Sounds are selling the Acoustic Energy Comapact One for £80 but What Hi-Fi didn't go much on them. The obvious choice I suppose are the Q-Acoustics 2010s but wondered if anyone had any other ideas. The budget is £250 and the speakers will end up on wall brackets.

Oh gawd!

GO.AND.LISTEN.AND.DECIDE.FOR.YOURSELF.

amadeusf

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Supreme,

I actually purchased the Acoustic Energy Compact One's late last month from RS, I'm actually really impressed with the SQ of them, for such tiny and inexpensive speakers, they're performing really well.

Tom

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
amadeusf said:
Hi Supreme,

I actually purchased the Acoustic Energy Compact One's late last month from RS, I'm actually really impressed with the SQ of them, for such tiny and inexpensive speakers, they're performing really well.

Tom

Cheers Tom. I do like the fact they are truly tiny

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
professorhat said:
Do you already have the amp? I use Audioengine A2s in the kitchen - you won't find much smaller (15cm x 10cm x 13cm) and the sound is excellent considering this. Plus being powered speakers means less space required for amp etc.

stereophile give a glowing review of these speakers. I never thought of going active but.....

Thanks

amadeusf

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
They really are small, finish on them is really nice, I got the gloss black ones.

I have them running off the onkyo, they're really nice sounding speakers, and can go pretty loud.

Tom

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Supreme said:
Oh gawd!

GO.AND.LISTEN.AND.DECIDE.FOR.YOURSELF.

Thanks! Great help in getting a shortlist together :)

Erm , if you had studied what PP highlighted for a second or two you may have grasped the nettle of his post.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Juzzie Wuzzie said:
I'm a fan of the Audio Engines - would highly recommend.

For a little more than £100 the Studiospares SN-4a are true active speakers with 40 + 20 watt amplifiers built in and about the same size as the AE Compact 1. I have a pair for desktop use and think they are excellent, way better than the Audio Engine 2s in my book.

But then I would say that, wouldn't I.

If you want to stay passive than the Compact 1 should be fine, use the best amp you can afford though.

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies. I will stick with passive speakers as I already have the amps. Going to Richer Sounds next weekend to have a listen to the Compact 1s and to see what else they have. At £89 I think the Compact 1s look to be a bargain.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Supreme said:
Thanks for all your replies. I will stick with passive speakers as I already have the amps. Going to Richer Sounds next weekend to have a listen to the Compact 1s and to see what else they have. At £89 I think the Compact 1s look to be a bargain.

Reputable company and a pretty decent effort by all accounts, would be my choice if I was going down that route.

TRENDING THREADS