Time to upgrade!

michael.seigal

Sep 26, 2007
Visit site
So I was looking back at my posts in 2007 which is when I bought my Onkyo 605 with the kef 2002 style package. It has served me well but due to my hankering for a new 4k TV its time to upgrade!

I am toying between the Samsung js9000 55" set or one of the Sony's though I am still waiting on reviews for the x85c range. Input lag is pretty important to me and the samsung smashes this out the park plus it looks pretty amazing! In terms of speakers I am thinking about the B&W MT 60d as they look amazing though haven't had a chance to demo them yet.

The only thing I am really not sure about is the amp? I need something that is future proof and supports hdcp 2.2 and the latest hdmi standards so I can add a 4k bluray player sometime next year. I don't want to spend more than £500 on the amp and will consider last years range if I can find one that supports everything I need!

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated :)!

Thanks

Michael

michael.seigal

Sep 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I will check them out I saw the review for the sony which looked good and no atmos isn't high on my agenda as I will only be running a 5.1 system.

TRENDING THREADS