Time to Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've had a Sony mini hifi type system for about 12 years, which has served me really well, but now I feel it's time to upgrade. I'll be using the system to listen to cd's and mp3's as well as the radio and I'll also be plugging my tv into to it. I have an ipod, so an aux in jack is essential, but an actual ipod dock would be nice.

I would, ideally, prefer separates, but if there are some really good all in one units, I will consider them. I'm not sure if you need to know, but the main type of music I listen to is rock/heavy rock/metal.

My budget is around £300-400 but could possibly stretch to £500 if necessary.

All advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers

stewyd

A

Anonymous

An 'all-in-one' solution that you may want to consider is the Onkyo 515UK. It's a brilliant system.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
stewyd:
Hi,

I've had a Sony mini hifi type system for about 12 years, which has served me really well, but now I feel it's time to upgrade. I'll be using the system to listen to cd's and mp3's as well as the radio and I'll also be plugging my tv into to it. I have an ipod, so an aux in jack is essential, but an actual ipod dock would be nice.

I would, ideally, prefer separates, but if there are some really good all in one units, I will consider them. I'm not sure if you need to know, but the main type of music I listen to is rock/heavy rock/metal.

My budget is around ¶£300-400 but could possibly stretch to ¶£500 if necessary.

All advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers

stewyd

You're gonna struggle to find an amp, CD, Tuner & Speakers with your budget.

Check out Cambridge Audio's 340 range of stuff. You could use your existing speakers in the meantime until you can find another couple of hundred or so for new speakers.

Also, places like Richer Sounds do the occasional 'system' deals, usually a CD, Amp & Speakers. Then all you'd need is a tuner.

TRENDING THREADS