Time to upgrade Onkyo 606 !

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Back in 2011 I purchased an award winning Panasonic TH-46PZ81B (which is still working great) but now I'm soon to upgrade to Samsung S90C 65"

My home 5.1 surround setup is Onkyo 606, F1 Tannoy Speakers, MJ-Acoustics MK2 Sub woofer

I'm not sure whether to upgrade my Onkyo or what to? to get the best experience combined with the Samsung S90C ?

Any advice / guidance would be great as I'm totally out of touch these days

Back in 2011 I purchased an award winning Panasonic TH-46PZ81B (which is still working great) but now I'm soon to upgrade to Samsung S90C 65"

My home 5.1 surround setup is Onkyo 606, F1 Tannoy Speakers, MJ-Acoustics MK2 Sub woofer

I'm not sure whether to upgrade my Onkyo or what to? to get the best experience combined with the Samsung S90C ?

Any advice / guidance would be great as I'm totally out of touch these days
If it's not broken why spend out?
It doesn't matter what TV it is combined with

Reactions: Rodolfo and DougK1

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
If it's not broken why spend out?
It doesn't matter what TV it is combined with
Well I have had it 14 years but main reason is it uses far more electricity being Plasma, I fancy a bigger newer TV but I don't have any other equipment that supports newer tech features on modern TVs like Dobly Vision and I'm pretty sure my Onkyo 606 doesn't have HDMI 2.1 so how do those translate when connected!?

Well I have had it 14 years but main reason is it uses far more electricity being Plasma, I fancy a bigger newer TV but I don't have any other equipment that supports newer tech features on modern TVs like Dobly Vision and I'm pretty sure my Onkyo 606 doesn't have HDMI 2.1 so how do those translate when connected!?
Aha! Didn't check out the HDMI on the Onkyo.
Replace with a Denon depending on your budget

Reactions: bullitt

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
That will be quite a TV leap: congratulations. But, if you have not already, you may want to coordinate your TV with your amp selections because TV connections. along with other "smartness" features, vary as well, not to mention considering remote control preferences/options.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Aha! Didn't check out the HDMI on the Onkyo.
Replace with a Denon depending on your budget
So which exact AV receivers would you recommend to upgrade from my Onkyo 606?

Speakers : Mercury F1 Tannoy x5
Sub woofer : MJ Acoustics ref 100 mk2

Bearing in mind I want to get the best out of my new TV the LG65C3

Thanks

Messiah

What is your budget?

I would certainly look at the various Denon receivers. Having got one recently (to replace a 13 year old Pioneer), I have been very impresssed with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullitt

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts