Time to upgrade from UE46B8000?

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've been very happy with my TV but time are a changing and i'm seriously thinking about an upgrade for the main TV. When i bought the TV from costco (back in 2009 i think) it was top of the range and i paid around £1,600 which was a few hundred cheaper than anywhere else at the time. Most of the viewing is HD from Virgin and Bluray films and box sets. I've just upgraded my Pi Kodi to Nvidia shield and now i have a 4k player i'm thinking i'd like to upgrade the rest of the system. Now there's no way on earth i can afford a top of the line OLED at 5-6k+ andi also need to factor in AVR and speakers (which need to be wife friendly) as the HT-IS1000 (which is surprisingly good if positioned correctly) is all in one and won't handle 3d or some of the newer audio standards. I'm wondering if i should start with upgrading the sound first before the TV to spread the outlay, with perhaps QA i7000 and an AVR which can handle 4k, HDR and 3D throughput but not sure where to start. Any recommendations for an amp to pair with the QA speakers? As for the TV i could stretch to the panasonic 65DX902B if the price drops a little but i'd like to have a 3D option as i have a number of discs in my collection which have 3D versions and would hate not to at least give it a go and have the choice.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
not sure on a price range for your amp but you could try the Denon x2200, can be had for under £300 does 3D and HDR. Id paste the what hifi review link in but it's not letting me. If you want something a little more spec try the Marantz 6010. It's cost is about £600

OviPsk

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
If you want 3D try and demo a LG. UH850/UH950 witchever you can afford they are miles ahead(in terms of 3D) of any other offerings on the market(except ofcourse LGs own OLEDs).They dont have the deepest blacks(IPS screen) hence why i recomend demoing first.Panasonic seems to have issues with judder when it comes to 3D.But anything else beside viewing angles and 3D is better on the DX902.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the replies guys. I've been thinking abount the DX902 and with the talk all currently about the LG OLEDs you'd think that no-one could be happy with anything less.

I'm wondering if a lot of the differences in the TVs are just picking over the stats and making slight differences in performance into chasms. Once i have the TV i want to focus on the content and not the TV itself but it looks like the 3D issue on the DX902 is not minor.

i'll look at that Denon Amp to pair with theQ7000i's as that looks like a good match but struggling where to put the sub without compromising the set up.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've popped over to Richer Sounds and they are price matching on another site. I'm home demoing the Q7000i with the Denon AVRX2300W.

One of the speakers was a dud which stopped me from setting up the room measurement but managed to get it swapped out on Sunday. Very impressed once the calibration was completed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts