Time to upgrade, but which first???

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Afternoon all :) I was sat watching Harry Potter on blu ray with the Mrs last night and I wasn't at all as thrilled/excited as i once was about the sound or picture. So this got me thinking about upgrading. But i'm stuck with what to upgarde first, the reciever or Blu ray.

Which piece will have the most impact???

A

Anonymous

Well you've got a decent Blu Ray player, so for me the biggest gain would be a step up in AVR, not sure on your budget but a pioneer LX55 would go nicely with those B&W speakers IMO.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I was looking at two pioneers, the LX55 and the VSX 2012, there seems to very little difference between them apart from a £200 price Tagg.

I was also looking 2 marantz, the one in ur sig and the 6006. How do you find the marantz?? The marantz I can audition with my 683's but the pioneer I may trouble with :-(

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
I'd be willing to push to the £799 price tag of Pioneer LX55 if trumps anything at that price. Pre outs will be needed as i do plan on using the CA 840a. which I haven't checked if either reciever have them.

I contemplated the marantz because I was considering partnering with UD7006.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
After spending the night browsing and getting giddy on the net I've decided to look at, pioneer LX 55, Yamaha RX A1010 and the marantz SR7005. Quite excited about this, hopefully have them done this week :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts