time for another amp

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
Hi Thaiman. This is a tricky one. From what I remember this is a phase inverter which switchs the absolute electrical phase (0o - 180o) of the output. I cant say I full understand why you need to phase invert certain CDs. It would appear (reading various internet articles and from my distant memory) that CD (especially the early ones) may have some of there multi tracked bits recorded 180 out of phase. Some CDs (not all) sound different depending which way you set the switch. I have to say I never noticed any difference with the AudioSynthsis (or the audio alchemy which also had the same facility). Maybe none of my CDs suffered from this problem?? Try switching the inversion on a few cds and see if you can hear a diiference on any?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Anton90125"]Try switching the inversion on a few cds and see if you can hear a diiference on
any?
[/quote]

Sound the same with all disc! Thanks bud

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
After only 10 days, I moved the amp on! It does most thing right, in fact it's too clinical for me. I got used to a big, slam bass and Audionet's natural bass keep me wanting more. The monster Neat doesn't help either as they need so much current drive even for night time listening session. Shame, as the SAM2 build like a tank, look gorgeous and has a lot of features. What is next???

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
Out of interest I took a look at the audionet site just to see the amp that Thaiman rejected (I know next to nothing about it). I saw this:

http://www.audionetusa.com/images/audionet/amp7_2.jpg

I nearly fell out of my chair!!!

I wonder if What Hifi will do a review of this in their AV section?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Anton90125"]

I nearly fell out of my chair!!!
[/quote]

Plenty of donuts inside one of them mate, Audionet build qaulity is on par with Krell, Conrad Johnson and Bryston. Like the great Don King once said......."ONLY IN AMERICA"

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Shaman"]Gryphon Diablo. ;p[/quote]

Funny that as I will have a chance to hear it for the 1st time soon. Impressive power, could be use as a welder Im sure.

A

Anonymous

I'm sure you'll like it but please report back.
Some people say it's the top integrated available, even better than the Krell FBI - and that's saying a lot.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I didn't want to spend that much money on Hifi at the moment so instead of £4,000 Gryphone, I bought myself a Lyngdorf SDAi2175. With 375 watts current swing, it should get my speakers singing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts