Markus_19710

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but I'm new to all this so please be patient?!

Just subscribed to Tidal which includes 'masters'. My setup is Dali Zensor 5 speakers and Cambridge audio cxa81 amp. Is it just a case of streaming music via tidal from my android phone to my amp to get the masters quality or do I need to do more. Is the Bluetooth connection downgrading the sound quality. Your replies will be much appreciated!!

justinjured

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
I have also been looking into this as I also pay for Hi-Res audio on Tidal. I stream to either my cxa61 amp or Cambridge MT ear buds so am going to downgrade the subscription until I buy the CA streamer!

I'm no expert, but If your mobile supports aptx then you can stream to 570kbps rather than 320 or 342 to your cxa81 aptx supported amp. CD quality is 1411 and Hi-Res is equivalent to over 9000kbps.

Have been reading these articles which may be of help.

list of aptx supported devices:

superhans

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi - If you want MQA, your best option is to add an external DAC to your CXA81 amp. I tried out Tidal with an MQA enabled DAC for a 4 month trial period. I think it's snake oil TBH but good luck. An MQA DAC from someone like Topping or SMSL will set you back 500 bucks......or buy a streamer/MQA DAC one box solution for the same money in the Bluesound Node2i

Your Bluetooth connection is your weakpoint. It won't carry hi-res/MQA to your amp. I'd go with superhans above^. The Bluesound Node 2i is an exceptional streamer. I have one and it sounds better than the Cambridge CXN v1 I had before it. It has a great onboard dac and gives access to pretty much every streaming platform. I have added a Chord Qutest dac to mine and its barnstorming. Your speakers and amp are very very decent and you'll be thrilled with the Bluesound streamer.

Last edited:

monster

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Your Bluetooth connection is your weakpoint. It won't carry hi-res/MQA to your amp. I'd go with superhans above^. The Bluesound Node 2i is an exceptional streamer. I have one and it sounds better than the Cambridge CXN v1 I had before it. It has a great onboard dac and gives access to pretty much every streaming platform. I have added a Chord Qutest dac to mine and its barnstorming. Your speakers and amp are very very decent and you'll be thrilled with the Bluesound streamer.
I just bought B&W PI7 earbuds and they say they do play hi-res through Bluetooth.

TRENDING THREADS