Tidal. Getting it from iPad to Home theatre amp?

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello.

What is the best/cost effective way of getting tidal masters onto an old Pioneer sc lx82 home theatre amp? Ideally from my tablet. From a little research the dac on my amp will not support tidal masters? So.. either a music streamer a dac or a combo unit like blue sound node2i. Which will support tidal connect straight into my amp? This is still a costly unit.

I guess I am interested in people’s solutions.. using Plex on Amazon fire stick?

Thanks

John.

Needing to update my kit list in my sig..😤

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Bluetooth receiver from tablet to analogue inputs of the amp. I use Elegeant but there are many options available.
Thanks JJ. This would mean you are loosing out on hi res between the tablet and the Bluetooth receiver? So would not be getting the hi res experience?

The easiest way would be to use headphone/usb out on iPad into a hi res dac then into phonos on amp. This however is cabled into the hifi. Loosing the tablet on the couch..

jjbomber

Thanks JJ. This would mean you are loosing out on hi res between the tablet and the Bluetooth receiver? So would not be getting the hi res experience?

That's correct, you would lose hi-res, so drop down to a cheaper tier after the 4 month trial.

The solutions here are going to follow a pattern in that the more you spend, the better the sound will be. Maybe decide on an overall budget may be a good starting point.
With the amazon fire stick you can download the Tidal app onto it. However you still have to go from HDMI to your analogue amp.

Reactions: john1000000boy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts