TIDAL Apps on A&norma SR35

Klasmeister

Aug 11, 2024
Visit site
Hello!

First time posting here. I already posted something similar on Reddit but at that time, I was not aware of the existence of this forum, so there you go.

As most of you are probably aware, there appear to be two different TIDAL apps on the Astell & Kern A&norma S35.

The first one comes pre-installed and quite easy to operate, snappy, etc. Unfortunately, this version does NOT allow downloads, which renders it basically useless for my purposes as I mainly use my DAP on flights or when commuting. Both situations during which I do not have access to Wifi.

The second version of the app needs to be downloaded and is labelled as Version 2.111.0. It cannot be updated. I tried to log on to the Play Store but it still doesn't let me update it. Unfortunately, this version borders on unusable as it is incredibly slow, laggy and has a lot of breaks/skips when playing music.

My question now is if anyone else has this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? It's a shame that such a good device as the SR35 does not come with the latest software installed.

Thoughts appreciated!

synergyn9

Aug 12, 2024
Visit site
I used these instructions today to install a workable copy of Tidal on my SR35

Klasmeister

Aug 11, 2024
Visit site
I used these instructions today to install a workable copy of Tidal on my SR35

Very helpful, thank you. Will try and report back. I assume this means no automatic updates though?

Cat998

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi I bought the A&K sr35 3 months ago, I had the same problem, got a really good tech guy on the helpline told me to download 2.11 1.0 which was quite simple and worked fine for me after that. I have since sold this as it was getting too complicated and the screen too small for me ,having said that the sound quality was superb.

Reactions: Klasmeister

Klasmeister

Aug 11, 2024
Visit site
Hi I bought the A&K sr35 3 months ago, I had the same problem, got a really good tech guy on the helpline told me to download 2.11 1.0 which was quite simple and worked fine for me after that. I have since sold this as it was getting too complicated and the screen too small for me ,having said that the sound quality was superb.
Funny you say that but this is exactly what I am struggling with. The form factor is great to carry it around but I’m really, REALLY struggling with the small screen. Perhaps the reason is that I refuse to accept the fact that I now need reading glasses haha. I’m also considering to sell it although I’ve only had it for a couple of weeks. On the app front, I just moved to Apple Music. In spite of being Apple on Android and all that, it’s just so much easier to use..

Cat998

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I know the feeling I’m 77 years old and it was doing my head in. It was far too complicated for me and I really struggled with tidal until I got this great tech guy. I’ve just sold mine for 550 lost 200 quid but hey ho you live and learn now looking for one about the size of my iPhone Pro, Max and idiot proof I think I might struggle.😂

Klasmeister

Aug 11, 2024
Visit site
Frustratingly, I can't seem to get it work and I am quite proficient with all things tech and daily drive Android so it really should not be an issue. Whilst we are at it, I tried the same with Pocket Casts but equally unsuccessful. I listen to A LOT of podcasts so if I need to revert back to my phone for that, it defeats one of the main purposes of the DAP for me, which is to get a break from my phone..

Cat998

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
I’m totally lost, I thought get an A&K , it’s the best, not so! I wish I had done a lot more research, but we live and learn

Cat998

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
thank you absolutely correct. The screen is much too small a little too fiddly for the size, I am nowhere near the expert, but I will suggest that this needs twice the screen and half the gimmicks.

Reactions: Klasmeister

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts