THX Optimiser Glasses.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

In the supplement with this months WHF, there's a list of items towards the back to help get the best out of your system. One of them is a pair of THX Blue Filter Optimiser glasses, to be used in conjunction with a THX test disc (the article recommends the Terminator 2 (Skynet Edition) bluray, which I've duly ordered!) and states they can be obtained for £5 from thx.com. Can someone clarify this please?!?! I've just been onto the THX site and popped a pair into my basket. When I got to the checkout, the glasses were listed as $1.99 but International P&P cost $78!!!!!!! As useful as these glasses may be, $80 is a bit on the steep side?! Therefore, can you tell me where you got the price from for these please as I'd really like to get a pair ordered but so far haven't been able to find them anywhere else!

Thanks.

Si

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just looked at the THX store myself and it has international shipping listed at $5-10, which is roughly what I paid when I bought mine. Clickety. Think the $78 must be a mistake.

A

Anonymous

Noticed the $5-$10 on the item page for International Shipping, but when I actually add the item to my basket and go to the checkout, it's rocketed up to $78!!

/sites/whathifi.com/files/images/THX.jpg

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, and when you come to pay, it rockets back down again, as explained on the site:

"THX BLUE FILTER OPTIMIZER GLASSES
Glasses mailed via USPS. Shipping charge is approx $2.50-$6.00 (U.S Only). Int. orders approx $5-$10

Get your THX Blue filter optimizer glasses to take full advantage of the Optimizer tool found on THX Certified DVDs. *** ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT WILL MAIL YOU A REVISED INVOICE WITH YOUR GLASSES***"

A

Anonymous

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I saw that but in fairness it's not particularly clear as to what they're going to mail you a revised invoice for and I wasn't prepared to take a risk on an $80 bill for a pair of cardboard specs, however handy they may be!! Seems strange why the site does this but I guess that's something only THX know the answer to!!

Pair ordered, thanks again for the help.

Si

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts