THX Optimiser Disc - I give up!! Where is it hiding??

bicandbob

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Can someone please put me out of my misery?

I have just bought a 55" Panasonic VT and I wanted to calibrate the picture. So I read a few forum posts on here, went on the THX website - saw that the Alien DVD was on the list as having the optimiser - went to HMV, bought it, but I damned if I can find where it is on the disc.

Please, please, can someone give me a clue?

Thanks

:help:

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm only guessing but it might have the THX logo in one of the corners that you click on to access it, i'm not sure what part of the menu's that would be though.

bicandbob

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No, its not is special features - I guess i was hoping that someone with this dvd had found and used it - failing that, if they own a different dvd with it on, to suggest it and where on the disc it is.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though - i do appreciate it.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi bicandbob :wave:

I think I may have the answer why you cannot find the THX optimiser on the Alien dvd, you said you found it on the THX website, did you realise that this is a American website so that all the dvds listed would the the us versions (region 1) and as THX is more well known in the usa, the uk versions of these dvd's would probably leave out the THX certification and therefore the optimiser off the disc.

I have checked on amazon and found that whereas the region 1 (us) dvd has the THX certification all over the front cover, the uk version (region 2) has a different cover with no mention of THX certification.

If you want a uk dvd with the THX optimiser on it then best option is to buy any of the Star Wars remasters, just make sure it has THX certified on the front cover.

I hope this helps.

:bounce:

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Its on any of the indiana jones movies too. Terminator 2 skynet edition blu ray has a HD edition AFAIK. Its also on the DTS version of Independence Day DVD. You can buy the Indiana jones trilogy for 3 quid + pp on DVD or Terminator 2 DVD for 1p + pp!! all on amazon with the optimiser on every disc. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts