Three towers for LCR or a dedicated centre?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I ordered a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RX6s, and need to decide on the centre channel. The reviews of the RX Centre are very positive, but I am also reading that it is recommended to go for a vertically oriented speaker for the centre too. In other words, I am reading that a third RX6 would make a better centre than the RX Centre.

Can existing owners please give me your feedback / comments? How does the RX Centre fare as a centre? The centre I order will also impact carpentry work for the entertainment console due to start this weekend.

Please give me your inputs.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The RX centre is a very good one, and is obviously a good match for any of the RX range, but as with most 'matching centres', it won't sound the same. The driver layout is different, the cabinet volume is different, and orientation is different. It stands to reason that using exactly the same speaker for the centre as the front pair is going to give a perfect match, but very few will be in a position to do so. Virtually everything that happens on-screen will be coming through the centre channel, so it stands to reason that the more capable the centre speaker, the better the reproduction.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
yes, i've also read that a vertical center speaker is better than horizontal but its not easy to accomodate.. i have my centre lying horizontal under my tv.. it it were vertical it would have to be above the tv or below.. no place to work it that way im afraid

A

Anonymous

Decided to play it safe and ordered the RX Centre today.

TRENDING THREADS