This new Netflix comedy beats Anchorman on Rotten Tomatoes with 96% rating

thatguy

Aug 30, 2021
Visit site
I don't get the hype on this one. It isn't terrible but it isn't really memorable or creative. It is predictable and feels like 3 different movies patched together. One is a series of him fooling people as a pretend hit man and the other is a hallmark romance and then it becomes a murder movie. They don't flow together well and each seems to drag towards the end of the section. Sure, Powell is charismatic but that just isn't enough to carry an entire movie.
It is probably a great movie to watch while looking stuff on your phone.

DougM

May 29, 2022
Visit site
I don't get the hype on this one. It isn't terrible but it isn't really memorable or creative. It is predictable and feels like 3 different movies patched together. One is a series of him fooling people as a pretend hit man and the other is a hallmark romance and then it becomes a murder movie. They don't flow together well and each seems to drag towards the end of the section. Sure, Powell is charismatic but that just isn't enough to carry an entire movie.
Always remember: hype is bought, not earned. Its rating will come down to earth as more real people are suckered into watching it and the shills become a smaller percentage of the overall reviews.

Neiljbp

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Please tell me that you do not watch movies of any kind and play with your phone at the same time. You must have been joking and it went over my head or you are impossibly young and I guess that goes with the territory. Fingers crossed here for joking or young. I'm off now to listen to the new Bass Communion cd but I'm not sure if I can get away with reading the new one from Lucy Ashe at the same time. The answer is I'm joking, of course, due to the fact that I am impossibly old.

TRENDING THREADS