this is the end......

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
This may have been done before but I was just listening to the bends by Radiohead and was absolutely hypnotised by the final song Street spirit. It is the first time I have listened to it on my current system so that may have played a part but I was struck by how good it is as a final track to the album, finishes it off amazingly well.

So I am looking for other final tracks which complete an album and make it great!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I see your Radiohead, and raise you The End, from The Doors' debut album.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I see your Radiohead, and raise you The End, from The Doors' debut album.

very good but I had in fact already forseen this in the title of the post! I agree it does trump street spirit but only just!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I used the lyrics of The End for a touch-typing test at school...until my teacher pointed out it looked like a suicide note
emotion-7.gif

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Down in the Tube Station at Midnight by The Jam from All Mod Cons

You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones from Let It Bleed

Won't Get Fooled Again" by the Who from Who's Next

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site

I see your Doors (which I totally agree with) and raise you `For Crying Out Loud` from Meat Loaf`s `Bat Out Of Hell` album.

A

Anonymous

I see your Radiohead and your Doors, and raise you You Set the Scene from Forever Changes by Love.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Meat Loaf? Meat Loaf??? Been good playin' with you gennulmen, but I have an early start in the mornin'...

Ok,ok. Wait a minute, give me time to win my money back. I see your Doors and raise you `Shangri La` (A New World Record) and `Eldorado/reprise` (Eldorado) by the Electric Light Orchestra, `Old And Wise` by The Alan Parsons Project (Eye In The Sky) and I`ll even throw in `The Gap Is Too Wide` by Mostly Autumn (Spirit Of Autumn Past) AND `Sirens` by Arena(Pride).

If you can`t match it I`ll take an IOU.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

My choices in no particular order.

Out of Nothing on the album of the same name by Embrace.

Coral Room on Aerial Disc 1 by Kate Bush. I know its not strictly the final since there is disc 2 to come but each disc is so good i think they can viewed as individual albums in their own right.

Amsterdam on Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay

It Never Rains on Love over Gold by Dire Straits

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
survivor:Ok,ok. Wait a minute, give me time to win my
money back. I see your Doors and raise you `Shangri La` (A New World
Record) and `Eldorado/reprise` (Eldorado) by the Electric Light
Orchestra, `Old And Wise` by The Alan Parsons Project (Eye In The Sky)
and I`ll even throw in `The Gap Is Too Wide` by Mostly Autumn (Spirit
Of Autumn Past) AND `Sirens` by Arena(Pride).

You'll be needing one of these for that hole you're diggin' y'self there...

JS130.jpg

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Red Dwarf:I see your Radiohead and your Doors, and raise you You Set the Scene from Forever Changes by Love.

Just had a listen and I would say more a check than a raise... very good though!

on the more noisy side of things Freedom on rage against the machine, you could not get any more anger and frustration in a track if you tried!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
bay24:Red Dwarf:I see your Radiohead and your Doors, and raise you You Set the Scene from Forever Changes by Love.

Just had a listen and I would say more a check than a raise... very good though!

on the more noisy side of things Freedom on rage against the machine, you could not get any more anger and frustration in a track if you tried!

I think Clare has won on the "river" with her Beatles call. However, as a massive Radiohead fan, make sure you play In Rainbows on your new system. It's quite simply a stunning album.

And by the way, I don't want to show off but how has no one mentioned a certain, "I Am the Resurrection" from the Stone Roses self titled debut. 8 minutes of heaven.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:bay24:Red Dwarf:I see your Radiohead and your Doors, and raise you You Set the Scene from Forever Changes by Love.

I think Clare has won on the "river" with her Beatles call. However, as a massive Radiohead fan, make sure you play In Rainbows on your new system. It's quite simply a stunning album.

And by the way, I don't want to show off but how has no one mentioned a certain, "I Am the Resurrection" from the Stone Roses self titled debut. 8 minutes of heaven.

Oh my god how did I not think of the Roses!

In Rainbows was the first CD I put in it, the first track is also what made me get my AVI's, soooooooo good!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've just thought of another....Biko, last track of Peter Gabriel's powerful 3.

And from political statement to utter superficiality - The Chauffeur, ending off Duran Duran's Rio in fine style (even before they made the grubby vid
emotion-5.gif
)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
bay24:Gerrardasnails:bay24:Red Dwarf:I see your Radiohead and your Doors, and raise you You Set the Scene from Forever Changes by Love.

Oh my god how did I not think of the Roses!

In Rainbows was the first CD I put in it, the first track is also what made me get my AVI's, soooooooo good!

The first track is my mobile's ringtone!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
I've just thought of another....Biko, last track of Peter Gabriel's powerful 3.

And from political statement to utter superficiality - The Chauffeur, ending off Duran Duran's Rio in fine style (even before they made the grubby vid
emotion-5.gif
)

Clare you have bigged up DD too many times now!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts