This is how speakers blow

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I had this cheap pairing of a parasound integrated which goes to 240w, with some lenco's....also rated at 5 w..at 4 ohms....all was well so long...suddenly I have this urge to turn the volume knob up. As I turn the dail , the volumes keeps increasing , and as I keep cranking it....suddenly there is silence...this is how speakers blow...

Now there is absolutely no sound coming out of them...

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I've got a pair of Jaybird x2and some well acclaimed wireless jabra' sports I almost forgot :) but all wireless that I use for my morning jogs..but no option now..time to charge everything up now..

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
IAM not home till Oct first week atleast...I've just made a requisition to my company asking for a b&w 685s2.. fondly hoping they can find it in China . Or I will have to go for a local purchase..

insider9

That's cool you get to travel. I'd look to score some Chinese speakers might be much cheaper when you can actually get them there.

I'd go with some Aurum Cantus if you can get a pair for reasonable cost.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you heard them insider9. My bosses are a little bummy

But they'd have to give me something now. I am sure I could manouver a little here..should I go with them or something else...

insider9

No, only read about them. But some of the drivers were shared with high end speakers designed by Mark Levinson. If I needed spare parts for my Red Rose Rosebuds it's likely that if I couldn't find any then the drive units suitable would be Aurum Cantus.

Have a look on their website and see what you could get. I'm not sure about prices in China but hopefully should be lower than here. They make many models and I think there are cheaper models for Chinese market. The ones for export usually go for quiet a bit :)

insider9

Thanks Newlash09! I enjoy your contributions to the forum as well. Always friendly and respectful.

That's what's it's all about sharing experiences, discussing our hobby. I'll be glad to hear how you get on with your new speakers whatever they may be and when you're back the PMCs :)

Gray

Sounds like a silly question newlash (and that's the last thing you need at the moment) but.

I'd really have expected the speakers to have gone one at a time (even if not long apart). Is there still actually an output from the amp were it to be played into good speakers? (In other words, it wasn't just the amp tripping out?)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I literally imagined you on a boat being boarded by Somali pirates and you asking them if they have speakers on theirs to continue playing One More Time.
happy%20dance%20weird.gif

Ideal speakers for your boat are the JBL LSR 308 in white color. They don't need an amp, being active.

J22814000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Taking the Parasound to sea will eventually destroy it. Salty enviroment makes everything corrode like a mofo, especially thin PCB traces and components.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Both the speakers fell silent at the same time. I don't know if the amps safety circuitry kicked in or the speakers blew. Unfortunately there is nothing around to test the amp with. But nice suggestion gray. I will plug back the speakers in and see..hopefully it was just protection

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Just came back to report that my amp is fine. It was the speakers that blew. My chief mate bought me a pair of active speakers today in Taiwan. So I managed to hook up the unpowered left speakers to the amp. And it came alive again. Thanks :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Really glad to have my music back. Tried listening to music on my Jaybird X2's in the meanwhile. But the sense of my whole body missing out on the impact , and just my ears hearing it didn't cut it with me. Glad I tried. I guess headphone listening is not for me anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts