This fuse costs £4200

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
I think it is a brilliant marketing ploy. I mean, how many do they really expect to sell at that price? One? Two? It's not about the selling but its about brand awareness. It's a talking point. We are outraged by this so we are talking about it. That's what they want. It's basically free publicity, worth far more than taking out and advert in glossy mags. If a person (fool) does buy one (really you'd need at least two - one for source, one for amp) then they are likely to have a system costing many tens of thousands of pounds that they have tweaked and pimped to the n'th degree until there is nothing left to do apart from the fuse. If they are gullible enough. I reckon they would need at least 10 fuses. 3x source (Turntable/CD/Streamer); 1x Control Amp; 6x Power amps (two channels and tri-wired); oh, and one for their electric toothbrush charger, so make that £88,000. A veritable bargain I say!

jjbomber

Now £63,000 and not even gold! Though it does have free postage!

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Now £63,000 and not even gold! Though it does have free postage!

Looks like the lovechild of a microwave and an hotel safe....

iStock-682046634-1024x682.jpg

I'll have three...

Reactions: cisamcgu

podknocker

Nobody wants a £4200 fuse, when there's an £8000 fuse available. Lifetime supply of snake oil with every order!

I love the message below: Need help? Call us on 0800 772 3688 or 0208 905 1555

Yes, you need help, if you are thinking about buying one of these. Idiots.

D

Deleted member 201267

Nobody wants a £4200 fuse, when there's an £8000 fuse available. Lifetime supply of snake oil with every order!

I love the message below: Need help? Call us on 0800 772 3688 or 0208 905 1555

Yes, you need help, if you are thinking about buying one of these. Idiots.

Shall we all ring them ?

Its April fools day soon !

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
This thread has seriously made me start thinking about splashing some cash on an impressive watch. They are very reasonably priced in light of £4200 and £8000 fuses. Time to get serious and stop reaching for my cell phone again and again.

That is truly repulsive, as well as rather less intuitive to read than an ordinary watch.

As for phones versus watches, far easier to tilt the wrist that take a phone out of your pocket, and no danger of dropping the former. Having done the latter two or three times, it's not for me.

I'm a believer in what people choose to spend their money on is up to them, but I know I'd feel that there was something deeply wrong with my choosing to wear a watch that cost more than some people's houses.

podknocker

I have a couple of watches I bought decades ago. I think one is solar powered, but I don't intend digging it out and wearing it. I would never wear a watch now, as I never need anything but my phone to tell me the time. Watches are relics in my opinion and many of them are bling and jewellery. This £200k monstrosity is everything I hate about this sort of product. Some people have no sense of taste, buying stuff like this. It's truly hideous. It's also very impractical as a watch. I've always had a utilitarian view of technology, where form follows function and I'm not interested in overcomplicated aesthetics, just for the sake of having them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Friesiansam
D

Deleted member 201267

What, every one of us, tell them we're as excited as they are about the 22 years of research into bottleneck distortion - and would like a home loan of a fuse.

Yes we could ask for a home loan stating we have a 12 box Naim system !

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts