This fuse costs £4200

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SteveR750

Some of these products are really borderline fraud, but since you can make a product claim about literally anything in consumer audio, and someone, somewhere will swear it works so you can't take any legal recourse to stop this kind of nonsense being peddled.

Reactions: WayneKerr
I'd laugh if this product uses a 42p fuse....

Unfortunately, anything with words like Quantum, immediately sound like foo.

I’m not sure why it would need a fuse, when the supply will be fused as will each item plugged in (in the UK at least). But sure enough, the spec says Fuse: Yes, so who knows?

Reactions: WayneKerr

SteveR750

There is.
It raises an interesting concept; given that gold is a traditional way of capturing and storing wealth, rather than just have your pile of gold bars sat doing nothing in a vault somewhere, why not fabricate some of the finest audiophile hardware out of pure gold. This truly is a great examples of sweating your assets.

podknocker

This is a real bargain, because you get a free fuse!;)

vishram

Mar 15, 2023
Visit site

It had to happen. Be great for my kettle.
Hello futureshop has another fuse wait for it, cost £8,000.00 yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjbomber

Gray

Hello futureshop has another fuse wait for it, cost £8,000.00 yes.
In their description there are two words that would probably prevent them being done for fraud in a court case:

'The Gold fuse is the pinnacle of our current offering from QSA. At the very top of the range, we believe that it can deliver upgrades to your sonic experience that can match far more expensive cables and equipment'

But, if they did genuinely believe it could bring more benefit than £8,000 worth of equipment....who'd want to buy anything from such a retailer?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts