This fuse costs £4200

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DiggyGun

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
This is the response from them regarding BS Standards when I queried this with them.

“The QSA fuses base & apply their multiple process’s & technology on the Bussmann range of fuses for the 13, 5 and 3A fuses. They in no way alter the actual construction or the materials used in passing the BS Standard, therefore they maintain the standard with no change in the safety standards that the fuse affords.

I hope that answers your question clearly.

To remove the external colour wrap on the fuse would destroy the cover so i am unwilling to do that but i can assure you of the above statement.

Hope that all helps…are you considering a purchase of a QSA fuse?”

It would be interesting to know what their, “multiple process’s & technology” are.

If they cover the markings, then there is no evidence to demonstrate that it meets the applicable standard, as the fuse body colour and markings are requirements of BS 1362.

DG…

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

Post #152 on the subject of a 'hi-fi' fuse 🤪

There is just no way that a person could hear any difference if a mains plug fuse were swapped on any hi-fi component.

However, loads of people could perceive (and believe that they've heard) a difference - if they wanted to.

If you've ever watched a hypnotist in action, you'll know that normally rational people can be made to genuinely believe anything.
What's really interesting is the massive amount of audience members they have to weed out pre-show....before they're left with the A-grade subjects.

I watched people I knew being hypnotised.
Believe me, If they were told a fuse could alter their sound - it would alter their sound.
But I think there are those that are so open-minded, that they spend every day in a semi- hypnotic state - open to suggestion.
Without them there would be no TV adverts.

Post #152 on the subject of a 'hi-fi' fuse 🤪

There is just no way that a person could hear any difference if a mains plug fuse were swapped on any hi-fi component.

However, loads of people could perceive (and believe that they've heard) a difference - if they wanted to.

If you've ever watched a hypnotist in action, you'll know that normally rational people can be made to genuinely believe anything.
What's really interesting is the massive amount of audience members they have to weed out pre-show....before they're left with the A-grade subjects.

I watched people I knew being hypnotised.
Believe me, If they were told a fuse could alter their sound - it would alter their sound.
But I think there are those that are so open-minded, that they spend every day in a semi- hypnotic state - open to suggestion.
Without them there would be no TV adverts.
Probably why subliminal advertising was banned.
Basically we are all gullible given the right conditions.

abacus

This is the response from them regarding BS Standards when I queried this with them.

“The QSA fuses base & apply their multiple process’s & technology on the Bussmann range of fuses for the 13, 5 and 3A fuses. They in no way alter the actual construction or the materials used in passing the BS Standard, therefore they maintain the standard with no change in the safety standards that the fuse affords.

I hope that answers your question clearly.

To remove the external colour wrap on the fuse would destroy the cover so i am unwilling to do that but i can assure you of the above statement.

Hope that all helps…are you considering a purchase of a QSA fuse?”

It would be interesting to know what their, “multiple process’s & technology” are.

If they cover the markings, then there is no evidence to demonstrate that it meets the applicable standard, as the fuse body colour and markings are requirements of BS 1362.

DG…

In other words a complete scam.

Bill

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
When you can hallucinate without taking drugs, well that's what you call a meaningfull invention: Only your wallet gets hurt, not your health or criminal record. Maybe they're not charging enough!

Dom

When you can hallucinate without taking drugs, well that's what you call a meaningfull invention: Only your wallet gets hurt, not your health or criminal record. Maybe they're not charging enough!
'Magic' fuses should cost your insanity, I'm interested in everything in-between the upside down. :)

Last edited:

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Drug abuse certainly merits a visit to the phyciatrist. Maybe hi-fi stores should be forced to display "Enjoy responsibly" labels. Or "Must be over 18 to spend more than 1000$".

Reactions: Dom

Friesiansam

Drug abuse certainly merits a visit to the phyciatrist. Maybe hi-fi stores should be forced to display "Enjoy responsibly" labels. Or "Must be over 18 to spend more than 1000$".
Those who buy the esoteric top end hifi, are mostly well past 18. Doesn’t stop them being gullible/stupid (delete as appropriate) and wasting money chasing imaginary gains.

Reactions: WayneKerr

podknocker

It had to happen. Be great for my kettle.

abacus

It had to happen. Be great for my kettle.

And yet there are going to be people who are daft enough to buy it, still as my Gran used to say "There is one born every minute".

Bill

Gray

It's high time the manufacturer and / or retailer took advantage of the right to reply.

Perhaps they can explain, in very simple terms, what the fuse does to affect sound.
(And why it might be directional).

Surely they'd want to balance the 168 posts (so far) all mocking their product 🤔.

podknocker

Transient tunnelling negative bias phase alignment? Just choose a few words that sound like science and jargon. There must be a room where they invent these 'technical' terms. It's all the same bulls*it. £8000 seriously? I bet the fuse costs less than £8 to make and package. This sector needs regulation as charging this amount should be illegal. I'm amazed by some of these items, even in a capitalist free market.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS