Thinking of upgrading speakers soon - Neat Elite SX

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, I've had the neat motive 2's for a long while now and have been recently thinking about upgrading them to neat elite sx (happy with the brand so why change). I've had a part exchange deal offered from PJ HI- FI in Guildford £400 for my neats and then a modest outlay of £1600 ish for the elite's. Has anyone here had/has experience with the elite sx's? if yes what do you think of it?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
:?
Sospri said:
I think that your idea of a modest outlay is a little different form mine.......

modest was the wrong word to choose...it's actually a lot of money for me...so my modest is probably the same as yours :) Also the decision to go ahead will run around my head for a while (pros and cons) :?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't give specific advice about the Neats, but general advice - don't commit until you benchmark your purchase against speakers at a similar price point....you just never know what may be in store (terrible pun :oops: ).

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I can't give specific advice about the Neats, but general advice - don't commit until you benchmark your purchase against speakers at a similar price point....you just never know what may be in store (terrible pun :oops: ).
good point (good pun too) I wasn't looking at other makes but open to suggestions at this price point i.e the £2000 bracket.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you give a quick rundown of partnering equipment, room size, musical taste and preferred presentation....it's hard to keep up (at my age).

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
it's a roksan kandy mk3 and a roksan kandy A1 power amp, arcam cd93 and pro-ject experience 2, trichord dino, rondo red cartridge. that's it in a nutshell!

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
music? well very broad form black sabbath to rihanna to orbital to pink Floyd to the national to white lies to johnny cash to fleet foxes to nick cave to eminem to miles davis etc....

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I suppose the speakers to try would be:

Proac D18
Kef R700
PMC Twenty 23
Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand

If the Elites can best that lot, you have the right speakers. :)

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
I bought my Elite SX's in PJ Hi Fi, and can absolutely thoroughly recommend them. I listen to a huge variety of genres, particularly classical (including organ), and I feel they bettered anything else I tried them against (plus they have a high WAF in my other half's opinion); however, I'm using them with Cyrus and Naim and have no experience of your amplification, so I guess keep an open mind. Prepare to be impressed though! :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts