Thinking of buying an FMJ A32 Amp -

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You'd be better either buying a power amp for your A85 or selling it and getting an A32 with the option to biamp in the future.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nandjg"]
If I buy the A32 will it be detrimental to bi-amp with my P85, at least in the short term. Partnered with CD192 & PMC GB1 speakers
[/quote]

Did you enter my head and read my ideal set-up??? PMC GB1! CD192! A32! What a combo!

I agree with Joel, you would be best of buying an A85 to go with it or sell the P85 to fund the A32 (which I bought on Friday and it is absolutly fantastic). I can tell you the FMJ A32 has way enough power in reserve for all needs!

And back me up on this Joelsim, nandjg has one superb setup!

A

Anonymous

Cheers, I have to say that I spent a whole day at 7oaks a couple of years back auditioning speakers from a number of different manufacturers and not one came remotely close to the PMC's to my ears - even my wife agreed. i've done the deed anyway - picked up the a32 this morning £800 brand new! i Hooked it up straight away, bi-amping with P85, and tried connecting each amp to treble/bass to see what difference if any. Then tried bi-wiring just using as integrated. Jury's out at the minute as to what's going to be best but will reserve judgement whilst the amp settles in. It does however already sound awesome - it's been on all day - and the best part is I know it's going to get better! Anyway in any event the next upgrade will probably be the P35.

ssssh, just don't tell my missus

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Just theoretically speaking - and as a part-member of the Arcam club - how would I best fit the much touted A32 into my system? I'm currently running an A85 and P90. Which component would be superfluous here? Any thoughts anyone?

The rest of my set-up is: Arcam CD92 & Chord 64DAC, Roksan Radius deck & B&W 1NT speakers.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"]Just theoretically speaking - and as a part-member of the Arcam club - how would I best fit the much touted A32 into my system? I'm currently running an A85 and P90. Which component would be superfluous here? Any thoughts anyone?

The rest of my set-up is: Arcam CD92 & Chord 64DAC, Roksan Radius deck & B&W 1NT speakers.[/quote]

Personally, I would replace both the A85 and P90 with the A32, however with the correct gain setting, I'm sure the P90 would work very well with the A32 functioning as a pre-amp. Remember, the pre-amp is more crutial than the power-amp as you can't amplifiy a bad signal and get good quality...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"][quote user="Charlie Jefferson"]Just theoretically speaking - and as a part-member of the Arcam club - how would I best fit the much touted A32 into my system? I'm currently running an A85 and P90. Which component would be superfluous here? Any thoughts anyone?

The rest of my set-up is: Arcam CD92 & Chord 64DAC, Roksan Radius deck & B&W 1NT speakers.[/quote]

Personally, I would replace both the A85 and P90 with the A32, however with the correct gain setting, I'm sure the P90 would work very well with the A32 functioning as a pre-amp. Remember, the pre-amp is more crutial than the power-amp as you can't amplifiy a bad signal and get good quality...[/quote]

Keep the power amp and sell the A85. Then at some point you could upgrade the P90 to the FMJ equivalent. I would definitely advocate biamping as I think it really adds to the overall effect.

By the way I misread the first post, thought it said A85 when in fact it said P85.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts