Things You Threw Away

Witterings

I just thought I'd google and see if I could find my old amp and speakers from when I was a kid and found my old amp / receiver a Marantz 1530

and the speakers I had

Bit sick now and possibly as good a quality as modern day equipment

My parents also got rid of some Wharfedale speakers which I now believe to be Lintons and a whole Marantz seperates system to replace it with an all in one as one of my sisters wide boy boyfriends convinced them it was better ... probably took the old gear away to save them having to get rid of it :eek:

What have you got rid of and lived to regret?

Last edited:
I just thought I'd google and see if I could find my old amp and speakers from when I was a kid and found my old amp / receiver a Marantz 1530

and the speakers I had

My parents also got rid of some Wharfedale speakers which I now believe to be Lintons and a whole Marantz seperates system to replace it with an all in one as one of my sisters wide boy boyfriends convinced them it was better ... probably took the old gear away to save them having to get rid of it :eek:
I never really threw anything away, most went in my brothers direction.... :)

Reactions: 12th Monkey

Friesiansam

My old Technics CD player, although it might seem a bit lacking now. My memory is a bit hazy/absent but, I think it was this one: https://www.hifispeaker.wiki/item/technics-sl-ps50

technics-sl-ps50-1501.jpg

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site

and the speakers I had

Wharfesale Teesdale SP2s

Witterings

WayneKerr

and the speakers I had

Ooh, Marantz speakers! Could be worth a punt... I'd then have a complete Marantz system :)

treesey

....can't have been that limited edition if two people just on this thread had them :D

As I've said before, I never throw stuff away and rarely sell anything. My first record deck was/is a Sansui SR222mk2 and I had/sold a Sansui receiver, which I replaced in 1980 with the Crimson Elektrik 510/520 combo. I listen to the Crimson 520 on a daily basis. The only other bit of kit I've sold was a pair of Mordaunt Short speakers. Spent loads on them new, but never liked them.

Everything else is stacked up or being used.

Witterings

kept some self-recorded pub rock tapes even though I have nothing currently to play them on.....

I still have some like this of me playing in bands / doing gigs at school in the loft somewhere. I also boxed up and put my cassettes deck up there.
I also found the other day an interface that plugs into a PC with RCA inputs on it, I should probably dig them all out and see if I can record them onto my PC for posterities sake.

Reactions: Al ears
Think I have some TDK Chrome cassettes somewhere. No idea why I've kept them. Not had a cassette deck since the late 1990s.

Think we're all a bit weird.
more than a bit....
probably the same reason I keep a drawer full of string and cables and stuff that I might need at some time in the future....
having said that my brother thinks I am amazing as always have the bits he is missing. :)

Reactions: WayneKerr
more than a bit....
probably the same reason I keep a drawer full of string and cables and stuff that I might need at some time in the future....
having said that my brother thinks I am amazing as always have the bits he is missing. :)
I have my hi-fi drawer, full of old tat: Speaker & I/C cables, din plugs (when were they last used?); old switch which I think was from my old JVC amp....

Not sure why we do it, it serves no real purpose. Think I need therapy....

Reactions: AJM1981 and Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts