Things to look for, to future proof your TV purchase

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks for the link BB. So which TVs qualify would be useful to know? Cheers.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Most of these you need to be a professional braodcast engineer or TV maker to understand.

The sceptic in me says each manufacturer will leave out one or two just so you have to buy a new TV in a few years' time.

And IMHO it's about flipping time they set a new standard and stuck to it for at least a few years.

nugget2014 said:
if i have 9 out of the 10 is that good enough? lol. the big one is 10 bit panels. not that many out and about

That's exactly why I have advised you to wait a bit longer. Even the "HDR capability" of some TVs may not be compatible with actual HDR standards when it is decided in early 2016.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:
if i have 9 out of the 10 is that good enough? lol. the big one is 10 bit panels. not that many out and about

That's exactly why I have advised you to wait a bit longer. Even the "HDR capability" of some TVs may not be compatible with actual HDR standards when it is decided in early 2016.
Do you reckon that's why Panasonic are waiting with their OLED with a firmware update for HDR? Or is that wishful thinking?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:

Do you reckon that's why Panasonic are waiting with their OLED with a firmware update for HDR? Or is that wishful thinking?

i have sold my tv now so I can't wait until this time next year when the 2016 models are reduced in price and I can't afford one when they just come out as too expensive. So it'll have to be a 2015 tv. Maybe I'll have to try and see if I can afford a js9000 as its 10 bit. Are any other TVs 10 bit? No Sony is in my price range.

TRENDING THREADS