Thieves

power

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Came back home from work and my front door was wide open. Walked into the house and my entire home theatre was stolen. I had a Harman Kardon AVR660, B&W CM8 fronts, B&W CM centre, PS3, LG 55'' 3D LED

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That's dreadful. Very sorry for your loss and the distress it must be causing. :-(

Assuming you were insured? (not that it compensates for the trauma)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
That's very tough and I hope your insurance company sees you right.

It leaves one with a strong sense of anger due to the invasion of privacy and the thought that your hard earned kit has been nicked by some dodgy toe-rag (to put it mildly).

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
That's very tough and I hope your insurance company sees you right. It leaves one with a strong sense of anger due to the invasion of privacy and the thought that your hard earned kit has been nicked by some dodgy toe-rag (to put it mildly).
Yes +1 on that.Must have been more than one person involved with a van I would guess.Have you spoken with neighbours could be they noticed something,like time etc.Be sure to get a police crime number for the insurance claim.Good Luck mate.

Messiah

My mate got broken into once whilst he was asleep.

His Home Cinema equipment (At the time a Yamaha Z1, Mission 753 fronts, 75C centre, Mission 75C sub and some Mission rears along with some other bits and pieces) was all taken - even the speaker cable that had been run under a carpet.

Fortunately the police saw a car acting suspiciously, followed it and the occupants abandoned it after realising they were being followed. All his gear was in the back and he got it all back! First he knew about is was a policeman waking him up!

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Messiah said:

His Home Cinema equipment (At the time a Yamaha Z1, Mission 753 fronts, 75C centre, Mission 75C sub and some Mission rears along with some other bits and pieces) was all taken - even the speaker cable that had been run under a carpet.

Fortunately the police saw a car acting suspiciously, followed it and the occupants abandoned it after realising they were being followed. All his gear was in the back and he got it all back! First he knew about is was a policeman waking him up!
It must have helped a lot having you as a friend ;)

power

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I am insured at least but i am still waiting to hear if they will come with excuses not to pay. The most annoying part of all of this is the invasion of privacy by this demons. I have flagged with Harman Kardon that should anyone order a remote control for the model amp that was stolen from the dealers thet must take their details so it can be investigated from there. any of the dealers they must me must be

Messiah

RodhasGibson said:
Messiah said:

It must have helped a lot having you as a friend ;)

Ha ha yeah!

The actual help came in assisting him in scrubbing the silver fingerprint dust off everything.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
really sorry to hear that power,

I was burgled on the day that my daughter was born 8 years ago,

They took a lot of sentimental jewelery that belonged to my wife that her parents had given to her , and other stuff like camcorders.

Amazingly they left all of my Hi Fi and Home Cinema gear i had at the time,( Arcam, Unison Research,B&W Speakers ) behind !

However, it was the emotional scar it left from having footprints on the bedcovers from where they jumped over the bed ,as well as the damage to the wall where they tried ( unsuccesfully ) to get my Plasma of that hurt long after.

I then had to go back to the hospital and tell my wife what had happened the next morning !!

In the rush to get her to hospital with the onset of Labor i had not put the Chubb lock on .

I hope you replace what was taken and you get back to normallity soon.

franklin2829

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry to hear that. I hope you manage to get things sorted relatively stress free. If I get what I believe to be any suspicious calls in relation to your kit I will get in contact via the forum.

Good luck.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts