There is hardly any difference between my OLED and QLED

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
You can see from the above picture they are both very similar on Filmmaker mode. The QLED is on the right and has a bit of light on the screen from the window but personally think they are roughly the same.

The recommended distance for watching a 4K TV is 1.5 times the TV's vertical screen size.

View attachment 3849

The naked eye can't differentiate individual pixels when watching a 4K TV from this distance. This means that pixels effectively disappear when viewing 4K images. Thus, creating an impression of watching the image with the same detail and resolution as real life.

Check the table below for further details about the recommended viewing distance when watching a 4K TV.

TV size Viewing distance range (approx.)
43 inch- 35 inches (2.95 feet)
49 inch- 39 inches (3.28 feet)
55 inch- 39 inches (3.28 feet)
65 inch- 47 inches (3.94 feet)
75 inch- 55 inches (4.59 feet)
85 inch- 63 inches (5.25 feet)
Crumbs, that looks jolly close to me. I think most folk are more like 1.5 or 2 times the screen size!

Is this an ‘official‘ guide from somewhere. It just smacks a bit of trade bodies or manufacturers who say you need to change your mattress every 8 years, toothbrush every two months, and spend 10% of your system price on cables!

The point above about non-HD is relevant too, because SD looks pretty naff after HD, let alone 4K!

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
So close these 2 TVs. If anything I prefer the 8K QLED flagship because it goes brighter - who needs QD-OLED? Although it is cheaper than 8K QLED flagship TVs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts