The WiiM amp came and went!

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
After much anticipation the WiiM amp arrived just in time for the maaaad consumer frenzy/holiday shopping season... huraaay!
2 days later they were all sold out! I was so close to clicking 'buy now' on Amazon (the WiiM Pro Plus was also dropped to $179 for a few days) what a deal!

Witterings

I don't have a need for one at the moment but I must admit they seem like a decent piece of all in one kit with the streaming built in.

I have a Denon M39 in a kitchen / living area with a Pro Plus but if that ever went I'd certainly buy one of these to replace it.

One of the things I like about it (from what I understand looking at reviews) I think you can use a pre-set for the most used radio station which means you can just pick up the remote and press one button for it's greatest use making it very wife friendly .... simples.

Only thing I haven't been able to find out about it is what DAC is uses and if it's the same as the one in the Pro Plus ... if anyone happens to know?

Fandango Andy

I don't have a need for one at the moment but I must admit they seem like a decent piece of all in one kit with the streaming built in.

I have a Denon M39 in a kitchen / living area with a Pro Plus but if that ever went I'd certainly buy one of these to replace it.

One of the things I like about it (from what I understand looking at reviews) I think you can use a pre-set for the most used radio station which means you can just pick up the remote and press one button for it's greatest use making it very wife friendly .... simples.

Only thing I haven't been able to find out about it is what DAC is uses and if it's the same as the one in the Pro Plus ... if anyone happens to know?
According to Darko Audio "I double-checked with WiiM: the ADC that manages the AMP’s analogue input was pulled from the Pro Plus but despite originally planning to bring the DAC circuit across as well, the AMP’s DAC circuit has been built around one of ESS Labs’ earlier flagship chips, the Sabre ES9018."

Witterings

According to Darko Audio "I double-checked with WiiM: the ADC that manages the AMP’s analogue input was pulled from the Pro Plus but despite originally planning to bring the DAC circuit across as well, the AMP’s DAC circuit has been built around one of ESS Labs’ earlier flagship chips, the Sabre ES9018."

Be interesting to know how it sounds / performs .... if it's comparable to the Mini and Pro it may be a bit of an own goal as it would defeat the reason for buying an all in one if you then need a seperate DAC but hopefully it's closer to the Pro Plus.

Fandango Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts