The sony receivers that have the slight hiccup with sky hd- can you help whf team?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If retailers like amazon and stone audio and a few other websites are showing the sony receivers, specifically the 2400es and the 820 , in stock so you reckon this means that they are of the old model?

and do we have an official date as to when new models will be shipped?

i dont wanna buy one and then figure out iv got an old model!!

thanks

A

Anonymous

I guess so - and places like Amazon, amongst others, who don't necessarily source their products from the UK, will they be done under warranty? Something to think about. Given how much this receiver doesn't do, I'm surprised that more people aren't pitching in a little extra to get the full works.

A

Anonymous

once the receiver problems are sorted they are going to be a bit special and the price is great as well for both.

the 2400es is the full monty for 400 bucks! thats good stuff,it has more hdmi and has pre outs when compared with the class winning 450pound denon 1909

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
thehoss:
If retailers like amazon and stone audio and a few other websites are showing the sony receivers, specifically the 2400es and the 820 , in stock so you reckon this means that they are of the old model?

and do we have an official date as to when new models will be shipped?

i dont wanna buy one and then figure out iv got an old model!!

thanks

I've spoken to Stone Audio and Play and they are getting the new units in. They will not be sending the problematic ones as they order straight from Sony. I'm not sure about Amazon. However, if you order now from Play, you won't get anything until December as they have a waiting list.

A

Anonymous

i got an email from stone audio today telling me i could get a black one next week!!

oh this 2400es and a set of kef 2005.3 is gonna be gravy!

i may as well get onto stone audio just now especilally at 400pounds a pop!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
thehoss:

i got an email from stone audio today telling me i could get a black one next week!!

oh this 2400es and a set of kef 2005.3 is gonna be gravy!

i may as well get onto stone audio just now especilally at 400pounds a pop!

Without a doubt. My order has been updated today for the 3400es with Hifi Confidential as "ready to ship". They email each time there is an update to my order. Cannot wait.

A

Anonymous

the 3400es , oh man thats gonna be amazing! I can only imagine, setting it up and boom, a whole new world!

good luck with that!

A

Anonymous

so you reckon i can trust stone audio to send out a new model once they arrive?

they are the cheapest at 400pounds then amazon at 410 and then hifi confidential at 450pounds!

hmm ill email them again regarding new models and keep my fingers crossed!

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:I've spoken to Stone Audio and Play and they are getting the new units in. Did they mention anything about genuine UK stock?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
thehoss:
so you reckon i can trust stone audio to send out a new model once they arrive?

they are the cheapest at 400pounds then amazon at 410 and then hifi confidential at 450pounds!

hmm ill email them again regarding new models and keep my fingers crossed!

As of yesterday, Hifi Confidential had 3 3400es and were waiting on a delivery of 2400es. All, I was told, are from the latest stock direct from Sony.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
4LKN4:Gerrardasnails:I've spoken to Stone Audio and Play and they are getting the new units in. Did they mention anything about genuine UK stock?

They just said that they got the stock direct from Sony so they are not going to send out new stock with the old fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts