The Prodigys new album

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just got it today and ive just put it on listening through headphones. It is seriously brilliant. Total old school rave in places and the usual bowel crunching bass! Anyone else had a listen yet?

A

Anonymous

Impressive sounds and production but i find their music quite repetitive and i end up getting bored and switching em off very quickly.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Ordered it through Play.com and had an email Saturday morning telling me it's on it's way.... but still waiting.

And yes, they do play their instruments live... though Liam Howlett will also have loads of pre-programmed samples in there as well.

A

Anonymous

I've only heard Omen and I'm not keen to be honest. Then again though, I only ever bought their first album when they really were old school! (well new school then but...). Everthing from then was just too punk for me.

Apparently, the new album was made using nothing else but Reason 4 (a couple hundred quids worth or so of "virtual studio" program for mac/PC for those wondering).

A

Anonymous

One good track - track 8, unfortunately this finishes at 2:14 and still in the intro stage.

ÿ

I hoped they would have developed from their last album 'Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned', this was a step in the right direction, but they seem to have gone 'back to the old skool', but you can't have proper old school unless it's from that era IMO.

ÿ

I find the lyrics in many of the songs in the album laughable (in a bad way), i think they were just trying to re-kindle their glory days with this, as long as the NEXT album is a BIG step forward fromÿAlways Outnumbered Never Outgunned, then I think that 'Invaders must Die', still has it's place in their discog, but definately not as a pivotal album.

ÿ

Over and out...ÿ

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Like Stevee1966 I've got mine being delivered by Play, soon I hope. I've heard Omen @ Beatport and was seriously impressed. These guys are genuine dance legends and the early signs this album is a great return to their true roots, oldskool!!!!!!

However, I'm glad their production skills have improved, Experience sounds pretty weak now. As a live act, go and see them, they're value for money. Liam has started to use Ableton Live which is designed to run a vast number of loops, sequences and effects in realtime whilst keeping everything in perfect sync.

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Easy fatboyslimfast! I'm not knocking the ideas in that album just the production used. It all sounds a bit too 'raw' for my ears. I like the silky smooth sound which is probably why grime's off the menu ; )

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
fairy nuff ianr...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Just purchased it today and about to give it a listen. Very excited, thoughÿdisappointedÿthat I wont be able to give it its first listen on my new set up as it wont be here for two more weeks :(ÿ

A

Anonymous

Not heard new album yet. But I think Music for the JIlted Generation was the best. It sounded different from the first one and I think people couldnt get their head round it. I reckon people were expecting another Experience esque type album. When you listen to it closely you realise it is a masterclass of music and production. Has to be one of the best albums made.

A

Anonymous

ianr23gp:Try 2 months Luke... that's how long I've got to wait for the new gloss black B&W CMs!!!!

ÿ

2 months!!? Whats with B&W atm? Im waiting upon a pair of light oak 685's. And thats holding up my entire order. Grr. (3 weeks was an optimistic guess from the supplier though to be fair...if its 2 months im going on a B&W rampage.)

Messiah

I have been listening to the album over the last few days. (Mine arrived from Play on time.)

I have been pleasantly surprised. Definitely more old skool which I think is rather good!!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
OK. Just ordered it from Play. Also ordered the new CD from Lily Allen (It's Not Me, It's You). Seems their website has a problem....cos it's listed as £8.95 but I've only been charged £3.95!

A

Anonymous

Picked it up last week. A bit of a mish mash really. Definitely sounds like The Prodigy should, though it's a strange contrast of Experience and Always Outnumbered. I think it's down to the fact the group have reunited and are now reminiscing the good times they had in the nineties and early noughties. As someone mentioned some of the lyrics are distinctly laughable, it doesn't have the somewhat underground, seedy edge Fat of the Land had but it does continue with the manic, depthly tone of the last two albums.

The Prodigy these days are about making a hugely impressively produced album designed for high volume, with little thought, though huge excitement in mind - along the lines same lines as Pendulum.

A

Anonymous

New album is brilliant have been listening all week. However, for some reason it sounds better on my ipod o me than on my stereo system. Is my system no good for that kind of music? Cambridge Audio 840C + 840A V2 and Dali Ikon 6's.....What do you think????

A

Anonymous

They are ripping off their own old tunes but that sort of works, not a patch on "calling all freaks" by crystal method though, nearly got sacked using that as a ringtone and it going off during a meeting, listen to the first lyrics and you will know what i mean

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts