The Post-Modern Audiophile

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SolarGlider

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you look at it a little to black and white, don't you think.

My entire point of this is, listen to it yourself and then make a conclusion...

And again, the only reason I mentioned my boss being a Jew was because they have their day of rest on a saturday and most

people don't believe audio stores are open on a sunday, hence I felt the need to explain.

Are you satisfied now?

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
SolarGlider said:
I think you look at it a little to black and white, don't you think.

My entire point of this is, listen to it yourself and then make a conclusion...

And again, the only reason I mentioned my boss being a Jew was because they have their day of rest on a saturday and most

people don't believe audio stores are open on a sunday, hence I felt the need to explain.

Are you satisfied now?

No I don't. That your intentions are different from your words, that I am willing to accept thought.

Cheers

T

the record spot

steve_1979 said:
All that's needed is an AEX plugged into any pair of competent active speakers and away you go. You can use a your phone/tablet as the remote control and you have true hifi sound quality without the need for any more boxes.

NB: And allow for the potential need to add adapters as required - not all actives offer RCA, optical or coax inputs. Some can be XLR and 3/4" jack only.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
the record spot said:
steve_1979 said:
All that's needed is an AEX plugged into any pair of competent active speakers and away you go. You can use a your phone/tablet as the remote control and you have true hifi sound quality without the need for any more boxes.

NB: And allow for the potential need to add adapters as required - not all actives offer RCA, optical or coax inputs. Some can be XLR and 3/4" jack only.

Simply buy a cable from A to B with the prerequisite connectors, no need for adapters.

In the case of the AEX a 3.5mm mini jack to twin XLR (unbalanced of course) or twin quarter jack as the need arises.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
davedotco said:
It's getting simpler by the day.

Spotify Connect , Nad 7050 and a pair of speakers is still one box too many, how long will we have to wait for a pair of speakers with built in Spotify Connect, Pandora etc, Airplay and the two speakers communicating wirelessly.

The technology is all in place, just needs someone to put it all together.

Which is, give or take, what I have........ 8)

However for reasons that are not entirely logical, I would prefer a wired system. Spotify Connect allows me to use the Spotify interface as a 'remote control' where the enabled system accesses Spotify direct. A more elegant solution in my view.

I also feel that streaming quality will improve, I'm hoping so anyway, I do not much like the Quboz experience but over a couple of weeks of trial I found it genereally had a slightly more open, airy quality to it. Not exactly scientific but it seemed obvious at the time.

Certainly the future as far as I can see, for me anyway.

matthewpiano

I think the Qobuz interface needs further work, but the sound quality on Qobuz Hi-Fi is excellent and I find their range of classical music is much better than Spotify's.

As to the rest of it, I prefer not to think of myself as an audiophile at all, whether historic, post-modern or any other type! It can all get a bit silly in the end.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
SolarGlider said:
It seems someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

I was trying to get my point across with some satire mixed into it,

unfortunately that just went way over your head.

My boss is a Jew, since they have shops open on sunday I had to work there.

Not being rascist here, just stating fact.

Where the EDITED do you work? The 1950s? Some redneck backwater? Not funny, and completely innapropriate. WTF does the religion/ethnicity of your boss have to do with a shop being open on a Sunday? Not buying your "just stating a fact" excuse. Or would it be appropriate for me to start ranting about the poor work ethic of gentiles or some other ethnic/minority group because someone is whingeing about working on a Sunday.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
ID. said:
SolarGlider said:

Where the EDITED do you work? The 1950s? Some redneck backwater? Not funny, and completely innapropriate. What does the religion/ethnicity of your boss have to do with a shop being open on a Sunday? Why would you have to make a point of which ethnicity, etc. ypur boss is? Not buying your "just stating a fact" excuse. Or would it be appropriate for me to start ranting about the poor work ethic of some ethnic/minority group or another because someone is whingeing about working on a Sunday.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
ID. said:
ID. said:
SolarGlider said:

Where the EDITED do you work? The 1950s? Some redneck backwater? Not funny, and completely innapropriate. What does the religion/ethnicity of your boss have to do with a shop being open on a Sunday? Why would you have to make a point of which ethnicity, etc. ypur boss is? Not buying your "just stating a fact" excuse. Or would it be appropriate for me to start ranting about the poor work ethic of some ethnic/minority group or another because someone is whingeing about working on a Sunday.

The Jewish Sabbath is on a Saturday, not Sunday as per the Christian Sabbath, therefore it is likely that a shop run by someone who is Jewish might well be closed on a Saturday and open on a Sunday due to the adherance of certain religious norms.

I'm not sure that the location of the shop matters, as I suspect that it is not a religious consideration.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts