The 'perfect' system?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpianist

I quite like some (not all) of Steve Guttenberg’s ruminations, and I remember him saying that you know when you’ve got a good system when you keep listening to it. That “one more record” feeling. Until you realise it’s 2:30am.
Perfect? No. That’s doesn’t exist. If it did, we’d all have it.

I think that perfectly defines as close to 'perfect' as we could ever get. The music is the whole purpose of our hi-fi endeavours after all.

Reactions: SteveH72

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
I quite like some (not all) of Steve Guttenberg’s ruminations, and I remember him saying that you know when you’ve got a good system when you keep listening to it. That “one more record” feeling. Until you realise it’s 2:30am.
Perfect? No. That’s doesn’t exist. If it did, we’d all have it.
I agree with this. I enjoy listening to my CDs so much that I find it very difficult to switch off the system at night and go to bed. Furthermore, I never get that ear fatigue that I've read of. I find my musical listening addictive and so utterly enjoyable.

Reactions: SteveH72

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Also vinyl on the floor. My listening room actually has vinyl on the floor. Since vinyl on the floor improves the room acoustics, despite not having a turntable I am "listening to vinyl".

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
If anyone has a reasonable system that is able to raise its volume level to enough decibels to rattle one's gall bladder, then find yourself a copy of GONG LIVE etc, or failing that GONG YOU, listen to it, then I defy any one to think, "I do not have the perfect system". Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.🙏🏻

TRENDING THREADS