The onsite videos

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Just watched the "how we test" video on the site, after reading a thread in another section of the forum. The quality of the video is very good (both production and picture quality). I was just wondering whether WHFSV team do these videos themselves, or have someone external to do them for you? Or even, have a video expert on the team?

A

Anonymous

Does the resolution change part way through based on client bandwidth analysis or is it just the way they're produced?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, yes, as well as doing commercial work for a variety of industries, both in photography and video production.

You'll often see a covered car transporter backed in through the door of our main studio so something very secret can be unloaded for photography, and among other sites and magazines, you can see our photographers'/videographers' work on Autocar, What Car?, Classic & Sportscar, Stuff, Practical Caravan...

Our vids are the work of the ever-resourceful (if sometimes dubiously-jumpered) Matt Jennings, who works miracles on tight budgets and even tighter schedules, whether it's editing into the night to get CES 2011 news videos online, or shooting and editing regular vidcasts and 'how to' videos seemingly in moments.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes indeed. Matt worked wonders at CES (room service kept him going as he worked long into the night), and we have two more videos in production right now, one on how to transfer your iTunes library to a NAS device and another news video on the new slimline KEF T-series speakers. Hope to post both online in the next week or so.

A

Anonymous

JamesOK:Just watched the "how we test" video on the site, after reading a thread in another section of the forum. The quality of the video is very good (both production and picture quality). I was just wondering whether WHFSV team do these videos themselves, or have someone external to do them for you? Or even, have a video expert on the team?

Filmed in cinemascope (2.35:1) as well by the looks of it
emotion-5.gif

John Duncan

igglebert:Does the resolution change part way through based on client bandwidth analysis or is it just the way they're produced?

Yes. But was there a video you noticed this happen on so I can check that one specifically?

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:igglebert:Does the resolution change part way through based on client bandwidth analysis or is it just the way they're produced?

Yes. But was there a video you noticed this happen on so I can check that one specifically?
How we test. Went from low to high.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:Yes indeed. Matt worked wonders at CES (room service kept him going as he worked long into the night), and we have two more videos in production right now, one on how to transfer your iTunes library to a NAS device and another news video on the new slimline KEF T-series speakers. Hope to post both online in the next week or so.

Sounds good, I'll keep a look out.
emotion-1.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
igglebert:JohnDuncan:igglebert:Does the resolution change part way through based on client bandwidth analysis or is it just the way they're produced?

How we test. Went from low to high.

The 'How We Test' video used some footage (the cinemascope stuff) that was shot for the Awards ceremony last year in high res because it had to be displayed on a gigantic screen at The Dorchester. It was then edited in with other regular video which may explain the discrepancy, although 'll need to check the technicalities with Matt.

A

Anonymous

I have been watching a lot of your videos (CES, reviews, how to's, etc.) and they're getting better all the time with the presenters looking more natural and at ease with the camera. Keep up the good work chaps!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts