The new Speakers have finally arrived

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bruzli

Feb 8, 2022
Visit site
I have a pma 800ne and it sounds very good, a natural even-handed sound with plenty of punch. I'm curious, though, why you would pair quite such high end speakers with that Yamaha receiver.

Probably pma 600ne is quite a different model, sounds bad comparing to Y on: 3050i, Wf Diamond 9.1, Mission Qx1, Borea BR09.

On the other hand, I was able to mitigate the financial imbalance of my components by paying full standard price for RN803D and negotiating fiercely for the Australe. Just kidding...

Well, Y did very well with Borea and marked a clear revolution from 3050i to Borea Br09, so I went ahead for Australe, which are rather a evolution (from Borea) in what seems to be fine details and maturity. Still running in, however.

But I am here to be educated, should the budget allow. So leaving money and prices aside, what would be a worthy amplification for Triangle?

Bruzli

Feb 8, 2022
Visit site
A test for your system and placement: look for Jonah, Fisherman (from Get Physical Music), it's got 2 moments when treble sounds come right from 90 degree, it is very real and weird.

robdmarsh

Probably pma 600ne is quite a different model, sounds bad comparing to Y on: 3050i, Wf Diamond 9.1, Mission Qx1, Borea BR09.

On the other hand, I was able to mitigate the financial imbalance of my components by paying full standard price for RN803D and negotiating fiercely for the Australe. Just kidding...

Well, Y did very well with Borea and marked a clear revolution from 3050i to Borea Br09, so I went ahead for Australe, which are rather a evolution (from Borea) in what seems to be fine details and maturity. Still running in, however.

But I am here to be educated, should the budget allow. So leaving money and prices aside, what would be a worthy amplification for Triangle?

robdmarsh

You should probably start a new thread if you're seriously asking about an amp upgrade but the conventional (and sensible) wisdom goes that if you're trying to squeeze in a lot of functions into one box (amplifier, streamer, tuner, bluetooth etc) especially under $1000 there's going to be compromises. If you like Yamaha as a brand I'd say that the as1200 would be a massive step up from what you've got but then you would need to add a streamer.

Little update on the running in progress,
oh, the joys of trying to find that “just right” position, where you get everything in balance, while knowing they will probably sound different the day after.
I’ve had a few hours today to listen to them and try to site them in the sweet spot. Being on granite boards and spikes makes them quite easy to move around, one thing I remembered from the Focals was how they sounded better with the spikes creating more space under the plinth, so I gave that a go today, and it does seem to Have improved things considerably. They are finally starting to sound right, balanced, sweet, engaging. 👍
they’ll probably sound completely different next weekend 🤣

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts