Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The Story of Guns N' Roses

Clicky

Worth a watch.
rockf.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I can't be the only person that finds them embarrassingly awful, can I?

Of all the most overrated bands, they have to be THE most overrated. Utter dog ****!!!!

PS. Has the drummer had a stroke or something? He looks like Jeff Bridges in 'Thunderbolt And Lightfoot' just before he dies.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Of all the most overrated bands, they have to be THE most overrated. Utter dog ****!!!!

PS. Has the drummer had a stroke or something? He looks like Jeff Bridges in 'Thunderbolt And Lightfoot' just before he dies.

Time for your favourite photo? *biggrin*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

No. I can't do it again.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

No. I can't do it again.

But, you want to *biggrin*

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Thank you for grunge and new metal.

There are loads of those old school cringe gay rock bands

manicm

Yeah on my side most rock bands are still firmly stuck in 1994, like they haven't got over Kurt Cobain. That's why I love the Manics, after the brilliant The Holy Bible, they blindsided everyone with Everything Must Go. A Design For Life was just astonishing back in 1996. My hairs stood up when I heard it in my car. They transcended the whole grunge thing. Also in 1994 I loved Soundgarden's Superunknown.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jjbomber said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
PS. Has the drummer had a stroke or something?

Yes he has. Thanks for the sympathy.

As I said, I watched some of the programme, and I genuinely didn't know.

I don't know him, I don't care for the band, he abused his body to extremes, he seemed like a complete ****, so why should I have any sympathy for him?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:

I know I watched a bit of one last night on Sky Art, Aerosmith in concert at Donnington 2014.

The crowd seemed to be enjoying it though.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
DIB said:
Andrewjvt said:

?

I know I watched a bit of one last night on Sky Art, Aerosmith in concert at Donnington 2014.

The crowd seemed to be enjoying it though.

?

They were enjoying it because poison and deaf leopard were comming on later.

Dont you just love the pink/black stripped tights.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Some of the classic rock bands have really nice down to earth people in them. Just look at people like Alice Cooper or Dave Ghrol to mention a couple.

The complete opposite of GNR.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
jjbomber said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
PS. Has the drummer had a stroke or something?

Yes he has. Thanks for the sympathy.

As I said, I watched some of the programme, and I genuinely didn't know.

I don't know him, I don't care for the band, he abused his body to extremes, he seemed like a complete ****, so why should I have any sympathy for him?

While I'm a big fan of some of their music the members had a real attitude problem. Izzy seems like a cool guy though, he's the only one who is anywhere near grounded in the real world. He wrote many of the songs for them I think too. Have a listen to him singing on the song '14 Years'. He's really good.

Slash can be ok at times too.

The self abuse those guys put themselves through was way OTT. How they managed to survive at all is surprising. No wonder they look so F***ed up now.

D

Deleted member 2457

I watched this on Friday night, wasn't the greatest programme on them I've seen. Much of it was repeated stuff. Still looking forward to the part reunion tour.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
They were quite refreshing (around the time of Appetite for Destruction) in a cartoon rock band kind of way . One interesting album does not maketh a great band though. They haven't dated well at all either. They've had some blinding nights out though and for that I salute them!!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
knaithrover said:
They were quite refreshing (around the time of Appetite for Destruction) in a cartoon rock band kind of way .

I think that's a slightly unfair description, particularly when you look at the hair rock bands that were dominating the scene at the time, such as poison (ick) and the like. Compared to them guns n roses were led zeppelin, much heavier, better tunes and a much darker image and tone. Grunge didn't exist back then, so gnr were about as credible as rock got at that time.

One interesting album does not maketh a great band though.

I'd certainly agree with that, I don't think they even sustained the quality level throughout that album, there's a couple of duffers on there.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
If you want to hear about the drug & alcohol abuse & Axl's fragile mental state first hand Slash's autobiography is a good, if not too well written, read.

I actually quite like GnR and saw them live on the Use Your Illusion tour in 94 (I think) they were bloody good too.

As the previous poster said they were the closest thing to a genuine rock band there was in the 80s certainly compared to the likes of Poison and other poseur bands of the era, interestingly (or not) Slash actually auditioned for Poison but lost out to CC Deville who, according to Slash, had the image more than the talent.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Gaz37 said:
If you want to hear about the drug & alcohol abuse & Axl's fragile mental state first hand Slash's autobiography is a good, if not too well written, read.

I actually quite like GnR and saw them live on the Use Your Illusion tour in 94 (I think) they were bloody good too.

As the previous poster said they were the closest thing to a genuine rock band there was in the 80s certainly compared to the likes of Poison and other poseur bands of the era, interestingly (or not) Slash actually auditioned for Poison but lost out to CC Deville who, according to Slash, had the image more than the talent.
Yes they mentioned that in the documentary! Cc deville was awful but then poison were pretty poor!

Still got a soft spot for motley crue though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts