The Mordaunt Short Thread

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I have some MS20i Pearl Edition speakers.......................................in my attic!

Mmmmmmm.......that's me done.
smile.png

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I have a set of mezzo for My main system,avanti 900is for system 2 and some alumni.....I like them.

my front 3 Mezzo each have there own power amp,it's good.

still not sure if I made the right choice as I loved the focal that I heard when demoing new speakers but I went with brand loyalty in the end.im very tempted by he focal headphones that are out.

....always thought the gennie? Speakers were hideous.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Back in the 70s I made a pair of Goodmans Mezzo Twin speakers. Today I have the MS Mezzos. OH likes them. I love them. I think the sub is special. Not maybe the most powerful but its EQ helps to integrate well. The front porting of the 8's and 5's helps I think to avoid bass issues. OH has made a wonderful apple pie. Sweet !

:cheers:

PS - With all copyright to Cno !

This is not meant to be a pretentious or exclusive thread, but a place where past, present or potential owners, can gather info or talk about their speakers. If you have tried them and didn't like them, feel free to tell us about it and what other speakers you chose instead.

I'm interested in what system they are on the end of, and which speakers they conquered in order to make it into first place.

IMO. They make a great choice for a mixture of HT and 2 channel as they are exciting, punchy and detailed.

Am I allowed to steal your text CNo ? :)

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
nodnarb4444 said:
I have a set of mezzo for My main system,avanti 900is for system 2 and some alumni.....I like them.

my front 3 Mezzo each have there own power amp,it's good.

still not sure if I made the right choice as I loved the focal that I heard when demoing new speakers but I went with brand loyalty in the end.im very tempted by he focal headphones that are out.

....always thought the gennie? Speakers were hideous.
rotel 1050 power amps 1 each at the front left ,right & centre quake sub with a high level input for music and low for 5.1.

music is streamed lossless via Apple TV and ca dac with amp set to pure audio.

all sound pretty good to me and I've had no burning ambition to upgrade for the last couple of years.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
nodnarb4444 said:
all sound pretty good to me and I've had no burning ambition to upgrade for the last couple of years.

No ambition for a couple of years ???? And you dare to call yourself an audiophile ? How dare you join 'my' thread.

Godda go - need to source a decent magic earhole conditioning unit.

It is kinda nice to feel satisfied tho ain't it?

Cheers

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I have some MS20i Pearl Edition speakers.......................................in my attic!

smile.png

Same here. I have these - in their original packaging - in a cupboard under the stairs...

5139566138_77d73b7871.jpg

They are actually as mint as they look.

I got them for £43 (of which £15 was for the bloke to deliver them from Dorset).

I couldn't tell whether they'd ever been used when I unpacked them. Even the blue tape securing the 'butter wrapped' plastic around each speaker didn't look like it had ever been peeled off. The fabric on the grilles was (is still) spotless.

They are my 'spare' speakers in case the Rega R3s ever go kaput.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Chebby, I bought mine brand new around 15 years ago, they were my first ever seperate speakers. Unfortunately my material grills are a little damaged, and one of the speakers has taken a bit of a hit too.

I saw that some went for £70 on ebay recently, but I'm gonna keep mine as a spare set, as they still sound good to my ears.

A

Anonymous

ive got pearl twentys all round and two slightly smaller pearls

for the centre spkr

just got a refurbished yam sixsixseven

rel strata five

optoma hthirty a

trying to work out at the moment whether to make use

of the amp parametric eq to tidy up the treble a bit

this damn android forum combo wont let me use numberls

or puncuation.....arrghh

jlyt16

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a set of ms Avaino 8 speakers and Yamaha RX-A820 amp. Just have to buy the centre and rears now, but the system will not be up and running until the new year so picking things up as I go along. Looking forward to getting it set-up.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

smile.png

BBB ... sorry to bring up an older post... can I ask as to what your email addy is mate ? (don't wanna break house rules as such) I've been reading about these older speakers and I've just set-up my older (lol...older now) Tv in the bedroom and was wondering about speakers is all ?

(alantiggger@ntlworld.com)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts