The longest drum solo hifi workout

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Here is a excellent well recorded drum solo it’s meant to be the longest drum solo ever but excellent to pick out all of the details in the kit

The album is called Fela with Ginger Baker live from 1974 but the solo is called Ginger Baker & Tony Alien Drum Solo which is 16 min 21 sec long

enjoy.... let us no what you think

Blacksabbath25 said:
Here is a excellent well recorded drum solo it’s meant to be the longest drum solo ever but excellent to pick out all of the details in the kit

The album is called Fela with Ginger Baker live from 1974 but the solo is called Ginger Baker & Tony Alien Drum Solo which is 16 min 21 sec long

enjoy.... let us no what you think

If I recall correctly there is a Zeppelin version of Moby **** where John Bonham drums for 17 minutes.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
this time with the rest of Cream live at the Royal Albert Hall 2005 (available on dvd and bluray), the song is "Toad" and about halfway through the song has built up to part where Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce leave the stage and just leave Ginger Baker alone to start an amazing drum solo, not timed it to the second but its at least 10 mins long.

I was intoduced to this track at a hifi show in London, it sounded awesome through an Arcam/PMC 7.1 setup and even though I'm not a fan, I knew I had to buy the dvd, now when I have friends over its one of the demo tracks I use to show off my system.

*music2*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Try John Bonham MOBY **** Royal Albert Hall London - 1970. It's about 15 mins, should give your speakers a good workout. Also Led Zeppelin's triple live CD How the West Was Won "Moby ****" John Bonham played solo for over 17 minutes. I also read one JB solo was over 34 minutes long.

But yes the GB is pretty good.

gasolin

macdiddy said:
one of the funniest. *biggrin*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPWjNX4PBlI&list=WL&index=1

No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56sZOUPegUw

One of the longest drum solo (led zeppelin) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWtdHUkkRvQ

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
My farther-law told me about the ginger baker drum solo track as I’ve never heard of the man before but for a old 1974 live track is a pretty good recording for its age .

And about the led zeppelin track I’ve got 7 I think of there studio albums so there more I’ve got to buy yet of there’s and how the West was won is one of the album’s I’ve got to buy yet

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
My farther-law told me about the ginger baker drum solo track as I’ve never heard of the man before but for a old 1974 live track is a pretty good recording for its age .

And about the led zeppelin track I’ve got 7 I think of there studio albums so there more I’ve got to buy yet of there’s and how the West was won is one of the album’s I’ve got to buy yet

Never heard of Ginger Baker?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
@ gasolin a little while ago you was looking for unplugged albums anyway it’s not unplugged but pretty close and a excellent live concert of David Gilmore his latest live album live at Pompeii the quality is very good ... try it

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Well it is surprising as you have Black Sabbath and Led Zepp albums. Cream were around that time or slightly before. Ginger Baker is regarded by some pros as the greatest drummer. They say Cream's timing was spot on. Cream's influence is immese, some say they were the first ever rock super group. Try Cream's - Disraeli Gears.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve got the Eric Clapton’s unplugged album he was part of cream so I’ve been told and funny thing is black sabbath got there influences from blues as they where called Earth before renaming them selfs black sabbath .

led zeppelin is the same there influences are blues bands from the U.S

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I’ve got the Eric Clapton’s unplugged album he was part of cream so I’ve been told and funny thing is black sabbath got there influences from blues as they where called Earth before renaming them selfs black sabbath .

led zeppelin is the same there influences are blues bands from the U.S

Were actually a jazz band.

Bruce and Baker learned their trade playing in various jazz outfits of the early '60s, they modeled themselves on Ornette Coleman's rhythm section of a few years earlier.

EC was Ornette Coleman on guitar, not sax, as Ginger said, "we were playing Jazz, we just didn't tell Eric".

The best drummer I ever saw/heard play was Buddy Rich, loads of his stuff on youtube, use them to link to the original recordings.

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
@ gasolin a little while ago you was looking for unplugged albums anyway it’s not unplugged but pretty close and a excellent live concert of David Gilmore his latest live album live at Pompeii the quality is very good ... try it

Yes it's good, I have on my favorite list on tidal, i have to buy the dvd, for now i have the latest with pink floyd, the endless river i can watch until live in pompeii is for sale at a good price (also have pink floyds live in pompeii 1973), im not shure if it's better than pulse, i also have or had it, i have lost it, for many years i havn't been able to find it.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I’ve heard of buddy Rich as my wife’s dad used to be a professional drummer

Was also a band leader, but he was a brilliant drummer, Ginger Baker was inspired but sloppy in comparison.

Still head and shoulders above Bonham, Powell or any rock drummer.

BigH said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Never heard of Ginger Baker?

Not missing anything then. :) Too young to thave heard of Cream either no doubt.

Google is the young' uns friend.

Seakiwi

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Try Joe Morello if you want a master on the drums.

Fondamenta recently released a Dave Brubeck live recording "Live at the Kurhaus 1967" and one of the tracks "Blues for Joe" is nearly 17 minutes and 95% of it is drum solo, simply outstanding.

Nemo

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
oh lord, save me from the extended drum solo.

contractual obligation in the 1970’s.

mind you, I’ll contradict myself and say Keith Moon was a sight to watch and behold.

jjbomber

Al ears said:
If I recall correctly there is a Zeppelin version of Moby **** where John Bonham drums for 17 minutes.

Released last year in bootleg land was the soundboard from Seattle, 17th July 1973 at 32 minutes 10 seconds. The MSG ones for The Song Remains The Same are 20.48 for the first night (27th July), 29.13 for the second night and 28.29 on the final night. The longest recorded version is Landover on 26th May 1977 at 36.06 and 35.42 on 28th May 1977.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts