The Leema Appreciation club

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
This one could have less members/interest than women on this forum :)

Still, some interesting products. Lets see what the future holds for the troubled company.

regards

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I love the look of the Tucana.

The casings are especially nice. - Not sure what went wrong but maybe it was a case of running before learning to walk. I assume they wanted to mix with the likes of Naim/Musical Fidelity/Cyrus but the cost of producing those nice casings/electronics must have weighed them down heavily. - Other, more established brands have probably long paid off costs for tooling and establishing a common platform for circuit boards, expensive in itself, will help no end.

Time will tell.

regards

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
IMG_6976.jpg

drummerman said:
I love the look of the Tucana.

The casings are especially nice. - Not sure what went wrong but maybe it was a case of running before learning to walk. I assume they wanted to mix with the likes of Naim/Musical Fidelity/Cyrus but the cost of producing those nice casings/electronics must have weighed them down heavily. - Other, more established brands have probably long paid off costs for tooling and establishing a common platform for circuit boards, expensive in itself, will help no end.

Time will tell.

regards

Even their entry-level amps are good VFM, and the Pulse is a smaller, less bulkier version of the Tucana. But yes, if ever I get the urge to upgrade I would look at Tucana first.

Bore da,

I'd love to join as the Tucanna II once took my fancy so had a listen, even tried a phono stage of theirs but, sadly, none in my kit (as I cannot afford the Altair IV Monoblock power amps :) )

Galw'r heddlu! *biggrin*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site

How do you find that stuff? :)

As to the club, it may be difficult to form a gaggle but a threesome should be on the books ...

regards

plastic penguin said:
Al ears said:
Bore da,

I'd love to join as the Tucanna II once took my fancy so had a listen, even tried a phono stage of theirs but, sadly, none in my kit (as I cannot afford the Altair IV Monoblock power amps :) )

Galw'r heddlu! *biggrin*

Shouldn't that be 'Oes siaced yn syth'?

Don't ask me I'm just an incommer and also, Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod :)

Nahnu, nahnu!

TRENDING THREADS