The last purchase for your hifi ever?!

D

Deleted member 108165

Think I've already got everything I could possibly want, therefore, mark me happy and content. But last and ever is a very long time :)

Reactions: RoA
Roksan Caspian M2 amp.
I'm not sure there is an end game with hi-fi. Nor do I have any urge to upgrade what I have -- so contented with my current bundles. I'll probably upgrade or change as and when a component dies.

There is another reason for a lack of interest in changing: Over gawd knows how many years I've covered so many foot-sore miles walking to dealers for demos, now I can't be bothered. And, of course, like a fine wine my system just sounds better.

I'll never say never, but for the foreseeable I'm a very contented Pengu.

ja_kub_sz

May 26, 2021
Visit site
Well...

Got in the last two weeks

JBL L-100's 75th Anniversary Speakers
Technics SU-R1000 Integrated Amplifier
Musetec LKS MH-DA005 DAC

So I should be good for the next 10-15yrs I hope 😂

But I am eyeballing the new McIntosh Solid State Mono Blocks... Maybe I'll wait on those.

Florestander

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I would like to agree with Plastic Penguin on this one as it should be absolutely true, but I know that in the hi-fi world the grass always appears greener elsewhere and if I am truly honest, I will never say never again...

I would like to agree with Plastic Penguin on this one as it should be absolutely true, but I know that in the hi-fi world the grass always appears greener elsewhere and if I am truly honest, I will never say never again...
The world of hi-fi or audio is strange where we think the grass is greener, yet quite often it isn't. I've heard better systems than mine, where they give you an "instant impact" or instant wow factor, yet I couldn't live with a set-up that offers that wow factor.

IMO I need a system that offers great dynamics with attack and sufficient detail yet be relaxing enough to enjoy over long listening sessions without any fatigue. My bundles ticks all those boxes. It's a fine balance to strike and it can take several changes to achieve.

D

Deleted member 160668

I've found my keeper amp - Sugden A21 Signature. This trounces everything else I've had in my front room and has stopped my box swapping. Amp sorted. I will only change if it breaks and cannot be fixed or I move and it is no longer powerful enough for the room (super unlikely).

Streamer sorted. Cambridge 851N. Unless I get into silly realms of spending this can't be bettered, for me. Again not changing unless it dies.

Parts of system will get tweaked:
My DAC (highly modded Jolida FX MK2 valve DAC) I want to side by side with a D33, just because I'd like to hear the D33 - I'll keep whichever I prefer.
PMC 20/23's. I like these but I want to get a set of ProAc D20r's in here for a listen.
Bought an Isotek minisub. This works. No desire to go up the very expensive isotek chain.

All in all I'm very happy with my setup and it makes me smile and get lost in the music every time I listen. No urge to imminently change anything. This was reinforced at the recent audio show. There were some monster expensive systems on show, but I left still very happy with my own kit.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJM1981

Mar 26, 2021
Visit site
I think I arrived at the final station

My Wharfedale Evo 4.2s are excellent for accoustic instruments and connect to the kind of music I listen to. They are connected to a Yamaha Wxa50 amp / streamer that has a great signature. A B&W sub which does its work really well.

Only the Wharfedale Elysian standmount would be an upgrade, but they are too massive in my opinion.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS